• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Early order

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Polaris snow check is done right?
Guys are buying for thousands under snow check cuz there’s too many unsold and backed out of Polaris sitting on lots.
That’s poor marketing that toileted resale, not a benchmark.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
They will sell everyone they build, maybe sell them all this month....................

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
My order was easy too. But you kinda had to be have your ears open to the rumors on the web, or be in contact with your dealer. Suppose that makes it so people that are more enthusiastic are going to be the ones in this round. Maybe thats their plan? Think they better have a more marketed official roll out for the next round but what do I know.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Polaris snow check is done right?
Guys are buying for thousands under snow check cuz there’s too many unsold and backed out of Polaris sitting on lots.
That’s poor marketing that toileted resale, not a benchmark.
I dunno that it was a marketing problem, more of a production deal. All the 2023s are sleds that were backed out of because they weren’t built until February/March.

Toileted resale… yeah absolutely.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
As a Polaris guy who would love to see this catalyst be a home run, this roll out from Cat is an absolute train wreck. Why would I buy a sled from a company that cant do simple marketing? What happens next year when I buy one and need parts or support or warranty? Is this company going to be their to support their product? I don't have much faith. Whoever thought one color option/ shock option per model was a good idea should be canned...

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008
When I said Polaris does snow check right I meant that they offer options! They let there customers choose colors and shocks. Yes marketing is a joke, we have been telling them for years. But they don't listen to there dealers or customers.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Looks like the model packages are pretty much set the way they are. You can add electric start to SnoPro and Mountain Cat models, and you can add ATAC to Mountain Cat models. G8 only available on Mountain Cat (comes standard).

I figured you would be able to add the gauge to the other models for like $1000 if you wanted, but that does not appear to be the case. Cheapest 858 is the base model which is only 154" x 3" and comes in at $15,799. Most expensive is Mountain Cat 165" x 3" with ATAC and Electric Start at $19,699.

For comparison, I paid $20,500 for my holdover 9r which was a 165" Khaos with Electric start And 7s gauge. Msrp was right at $22,000Screenshot_20240130_100239_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240130_101055_Chrome.jpg

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Yes, with a 100% early preorder having more options would be nice and not sure how it would complicate things or cost em more $. Or go all Henry Ford and say you can have any color as long as its black. That would have most appeal I would think and its easy to wrap an all black sled if you want. Im partial to the green and at least thats kinda on brand so wouldnt mind to see them going that as the only option. But in I will deal with the blue since color is secondary to me.

Seems a fully optioned Mountain Cat, electric start with atac tops out at 19699 MSRP. My dealer quoted under msrp. Seems like the sled builder site just crashed though

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
My dealer said they could add the G8 gauge to a sled as a dealer add on for a bit over a grand.

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Cheapest 858 is the base model which is only 154" x 3" and comes in at $15,799. Most expensive is Mountain Cat 165" x 3" with ATAC and Electric Start at $19,699.

Exactly what I shared last night.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
i was on the cat site and under the msrp it says.
*Plus destination charge and set-up.
Freight charge of $700 will apply
so dont know if other dealers are eating those costs and mine isnt but that adds up to what i was told it would cost.

iroc1132

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2008
SE Idaho
A 165/3" ES SnoPro with the added G8 is exactly the same price as a 165/3" ES Mountain Cat. Only difference is the new coil over shocks instead of QS3 and Green instead of Blue. I prefer the coil over shocks and I prefer the green to the blue. I also prefer it not be 20k. Holy cow!
I was able to get some comparison builds put together before the site crashed and options weren't available on the mountain cat. I haven't been back on there, not sure if it is sorted out yet.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
A 165/3" ES SnoPro with the added G8 is exactly the same price as a 165/3" ES Mountain Cat. Only difference is the new coil over shocks instead of QS3 and Green instead of Blue. I prefer the coil over shocks and I prefer the green to the blue. I also prefer it not be 20k. Holy cow!
I was able to get some comparison builds put together before the site crashed and options weren't available on the mountain cat. I haven't been back on there, not sure if it is sorted out yet.
I never saw the option to add the gauge before mine crashed, I only ever saw it on the mountain Cat model. Could you add it to the black base model too?

Krause09

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Built 2 different models before I ordered
Black 154x3” with g8= 17098
Snopro 154x3” with g8=18998
I went with the snopro as the 1900 dollar difference to me is worth the new cat 5position shocks with rear lockout!
This sled is compared to the 9r and comes in less so I’m not that upset but ya it sucks paying 19k when I payed 13300 for my 18 mtn cat which at the time was the premium sled they offered

IMG_0053.png IMG_0052.png

Premium Features