• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Draining Proclimb Coolant

B
Mar 8, 2013
Benicia, CA
When I bought my sled the previous owner had the orange (Dexcool) coolant in the sled. The orange coolant isn't as readily available up in the mountains where I keep my sled so I want to drain it and refill with the yellow coolant that the local hardware store caries. My sled is over 5 yrs old and still has the original coolant in it so I'm guessing it's due to be changed. What's the overall consensus on the easiest way to get all the old coolant out? I'm thinking I should try to flush coolant too. The shop manual says to suck it out of the reservoir tank with a vacuum pump. I also read other posts saying to remove the lower hose and just let it drain out through the belly pan. Would this be the hose that goes into the lower heat exchanger on the same side as the muffler and oil tank? How hard is it to pull that hose? Would it make it easier to pull the can out?

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Pull out the can and undo that lower hose to heat exchanger and put a big pan under sled as it will find every hole in belly to come out. That is lowest point in system so if you are looking to drain all go there.

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
When I bought my sled the previous owner had the orange (Dexcool) coolant in the sled. The orange coolant isn't as readily 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 available up in the mountains where I keep my sled so I want to drain it and refill with the yellow coolant that the local hardware store caries. My sled is over 5 yrs old and still has the original coolant in it so I'm guessing it's due to be changed. What's the overall consensus on the easiest way to get all the old coolant out? I'm thinking I should try to flush coolant too. The shop manual says to suck it out of the reservoir tank with a vacuum pump. I also read other posts saying to remove the lower hose and just let it drain out through the belly pan. Would this be the hose that goes into the lower heat exchanger on the same side as the muffler and oil tank? How hard is it to pull that hose? Would it make it easier to pull the can out?
What coolant do you use ?

Premium Features