• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do i need to split the case?

P
Nov 14, 2020
Okay so I got a 2012 rmk pro 800. The top end blew, one piston is fine the other one is beyond toast. So I'm getting refurbished cylinder and new head and pistons. My question is I found the on the crank case and wanted to get an opinion whether I should split the case for further inspection or just slap on a new top and send it. Look at pic for reference. But here's what happend. Top end lost all compression on one side and limped it to the truck about 5.5k rpm on one cylinder about 15miles. Got home then saw that the top end was toatally screwed. The pic shows the crank case missing a chunk but the crank spins fine. No sigs of any scratches or no sounds of anything inside the case. No play in rod bearings. Either the top end ate it. Or it was from a previous blow up. Should I tear into It In search of some metal, my thought is that if there was anything that significant it would've seized during my 15mile ride home. Powercaleves look fine. And exhaust looks fine. Idk where that peice went. Reeds on that side are missing a few chunks but replacing those also. What r your thoughts.

20201215_163123.jpg

P
Nov 14, 2020
I checked injectors manually with 12v battery and fuel with 40psi in the line and they squirt fine. I assume that oil is fed separately so if a injector goes out it won't ruin a piston right?

Premium Features