• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

difference between SLP exhaust kits for 2011-2012 and 2013

C
Mar 16, 2017
sold my SLP 09-890 kit for my 2012 Switch 800 last year and now regret it. I have a line on either a 09-891 kit that is for RMK and SBA or i can get a 09-869 kit that is specifically for 2013 Rush and SB. I really only need the pipe as the can doesn't fit well due to my ski doo thermo mod.

Does anyone know they difference and will the pipe fit all models from 2011-2016 Pro Ride?

C
Mar 16, 2017
just chatted with SLP and they said the 09-891 for the RMK SBA is only different for the instructions and it's the same as the 09-890. The 09-869 won't fit the same as the silencer mount is different.

They also don't recommend running an alternative silencer other than the one that comes with the kit. I like to run my HPS can, and have done it in the past with the 09-890 kit with no issues, FYI

S
Feb 24, 2023
nwusa
flic.kr
I know this is an old thread? So here goes! I appreciate the info and slp response you have shared here. So I like to add my experiences. I purchased the 09-869 pipe set, and It fit my 2015 Pro RMK perfect. Sure added a bit more pull, mainly top end. Also from my previous experiences with the Pro chassis, the 11 to 12 silencer uses the bottom pin style mount, with the upper shelf hook. 13 to 15 uses the angled lower shelf mount with an upper bumper. Either way, I have used an SLP pipe on my 12 with an Aaen silencer, it ran very well and loud. Also ran a MBRP silencer, still ran good, but ot as good as the Aaen. I have found that a silencer with least restriction runs the best!

V
Feb 11, 2023
Illinois
I know this is an old thread? So here goes! I appreciate the info and slp response you have shared here. So I like to add my experiences. I purchased the 09-869 pipe set, and It fit my 2015 Pro RMK perfect. Sure added a bit more pull, mainly top end. Also from my previous experiences with the Pro chassis, the 11 to 12 silencer uses the bottom pin style mount, with the upper shelf hook. 13 to 15 uses the angled lower shelf mount with an upper bumper. Either way, I have used an SLP pipe on my 12 with an Aaen silencer, it ran very well and loud. Also ran a MBRP silencer, still ran good, but ot as good as the Aaen. I have found that a silencer with least restriction runs the best!
Did you have to install the power commander with the SLP map?

S
Feb 24, 2023
nwusa
flic.kr
Did you have to install the power commander with the SLP map?
The pipe instructions does recommend the fuel controller. I did install the PCFC (cheaper version than the PCV5). I opened the SLP map #273, and found it only adds about 4% fuel avg from 5250 too 7500 rpm at 10 to 50% throttle range, then bumps too 8% added at 7500 to 8000 rpm. I did end up lowering the upper rpm added fuel, for it ran bit fat. I did a test without the controller using good non ethanol fuel, with the sled running in ethanol mode on. Which adds 5% fuel across the board. Sled ran great pulled hard, riding at around 6000' elevation in the hills. Hope this helps!

Premium Features