• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cracked tunnel 155

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
that is caused by a light weight chassis most people brace them before they get bent , I have one in the shop now Im fixin for a guy that tapped a stump with the front bumper .three bends two cracks each side .
I straighten , weld cracks and install plates with pressure on the chassis pulling the center down and pushing up front and rear .

C
Mar 26, 2021
Squamish
that is caused by a light weight chassis most people brace them before they get bent , I have one in the shop now Im fixin for a guy that tapped a stump with the front bumper .three bends two cracks each side .
I straighten , weld cracks and install plates with pressure on the chassis pulling the center down and pushing up front and rear .
if you're in British Columbia I might have to give you a call

C
Mar 26, 2021
Squamish
So a good few months back i gave a tree a love tap on the right ski and i didnt notice at all until two days ago.

I also managed to crack and bend my tunnel and crack thenheat exchanger on the other side in a different incident when I had too much weight on the tunnel and I didnt have tunnel stiffners.

So what ive learned from this experience is, before you go out get a heavy duty rear bumper with long tunnel stiffners and get the stiffners for the foot wells and turn the oil pump up 3 full turns and then go out

L
Jan 5, 2024
Washington
Sorry to hear about your misfortune! When you get a new tunnel, put some bracing in there. I installed FTX tunnel brace kit before I even had my '15 on the snow, just for insurance.
Is it future-proof? I know you did it just for insurance, but still, what are the chances that bracing is going to stand till last?

Premium Features