• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Could this be the future technology for sleds???

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Even if they just used this tech for the body panels on a sled it would create massive weight savings. Think about it, shed 20 pounds on a sled and pay 2000 bucks less. the current plastics are heavy!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Even if they just used this tech for the body panels on a sled it would create massive weight savings. Think about it, shed 20 pounds on a sled and pay 2000 bucks less. the current plastics are heavy!

PJ, you are on to something here.

Every time I take my PC hood off, I am flabbergasted by the weight of it. You could take at least half the weight off of it by using this.......

I would be willing to trade a bit of durability of the hood to save alot of weight. Frankly the new hood is not that durable anyway.......

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
could you imagine how rigid a sled would be if the bulkhead/tunnel were all one cast??? also how nice it would be for the poo guys not to have tunnels buckling left and right;) really am interested in seeing what brp puts out for their next sled. since the xm is only on its 2nd year we'll probably have to wait a couple more years to find out. maybe the government could put a couple of drones to good use and get us some spy pic's!!!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Anyone see the concept drawing from BRP for their idea of a single ski sled? 15hp, 200lbs, looks like it would use this technology. The new pit bike of the snow covered parking lot.

You know they are hard at work trying to make this a reality for us. And I think the 900 ACE is the perfect test engine for this idea. The SPARK has been making lots of noise over in PWC and boating forums since it's release a month or two ago.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
The least expensive 2 seater advertised at $4,999
BUT
Fine print indicates that this price does not include freight or set up.

This is correct!! I work for a marina and Sea Do MSRP doesn't include this which I find irritating. However depending on the dealer and location figure 500-1500 increase to 4,999. This would also depend if the dealer includes a cover, so around that 1,000-1,500 increase is more realistic.

Edit: the other cool thing with the Spark line up is they are super customizable. They are an entry level base unit that each person can taylor to their own liking through wraps, storage compartments, etc.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I wonder if the hull is tough enough to run rivers? Man that would be fun to river run if it was durable enough to hit rocks with.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I90 Motorsports has one in stock. Man it is cool. I am pretty sure you could run rivers with it. I might have a couple of these in my future. Attach some UHMW sheets to the bottom and river running we will go! BRP has some smart motorfingers working for them.

E

ENERGIZER

Dec 19, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
If you want far more fun and less cost, weight, maintenance, hassle etc.
Check out Timbersled snowbike kits on their website or on you tube.
My buddies and I have been riding them on Husaberg 570 dirt bikes for 2 seasons and wouldn't even consider buying another sled.

Premium Features