• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Been riding the hawk more lately. The primary seems to be dialed in, but When I get into the deep stuff in higher gear sled runs out of power. I don't think it is backshifting correctly. I will have to take a peak at the helix as I am running TRAIII and AC roller secondary. Should I tighten the sec. spring or go to a steeper helix. Does the steeper helix put more or less load on the motor? Rpms are right about 7800-8000, not much time to look down and make out the numbers on the vapor.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Are you using the longer belt that rides up high in the sec?

Some have changed the spring position to a more preloaded setting, holds gear longer, is the clutch working/stuck like the stockers would do, not work?

B

bmiller

Nov 26, 2007
stuck in the flats of ND
Thanks for the reply. Clutch is working fine, yes the belt does ride higher in the secondary. I was going to call Les but haven't had time. I will try more twist on the spring. Might just go with a straight helix for out west.

Premium Features