• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon fiber full bodys kits

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
We have made exact carbon fiber body parts for the 2012-2014 Arctic Cat.. They fit and look the same as the stock bodies. There are 10 pcs total that we make for the M series sleds, hood, 2 side panels, 2 lower fenders, 2 upper hood wings, instrument panel, head light block off, rear counsel. Also our rear tunnel half..

All our parts are made with carbon fiber pre-preg (ensures exact resin content and type of resin) , vacuum bagged and autoclaved for maximum strength.

Weight savings for the body kit for all 10 pcs is around 23-25 lbs. We sell the body kits with out cut outs so you can make your own...Kit comes with new hood fasteners to accept the thinner carbon fiber...

You can see the product at the shows this year on Team Arctic Cat riders David McClure and Rob Kincaids new 2014 sleds..

Photos should be on our web site soon.

Any questions please ask...

TJ

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Price?

Also if your making new lower fenders? Can you pull up the sides to make it narrower and more ground clearance at the outside. I think that alot of mountain guys find that the sled panels out when in an extreme sidehill.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
We made the lower fenders the same as stock, using the stock plastic fender...Changing the size can be done with a new mold...

TJ

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I think if you were to take the bottom corner of the stock panel and make it a large radius it would be good. The problem being it may not work with the stock exhaust silencer. Thought that may not be an issue because likely someone who is spending the money on the carbon fiber body has already done as much as possible to cut weight.

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
We installed one of TJ's rear tunnel pieces on a customers sled last year. The fit and finish was awesome. Top quality!

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I think you are going to be looking at $3500 to $4500 for a kit, and I betcha I am guessing low.

1Mike900

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Bellevue, Wa
If cat were to make all their plastic body pieces 10% thinner, and any other over made plastic piece a certain % thinner depending upon complexity/durability would this add to a weight savings? Just think, every 10 sleds built then a free body package for Cat! If redesigned for larger radii at corners and pre coated with the "Rustoleum never wet" what would that add up to in "running" weight savings?

Mike

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Which parts are the biggest bang for the buck so too speak? I did one of you tunnels last year. Pretty awesome piece. You don't make the low qual kinda faky carbon I see sometimes. It was flawless with a killer satin finish. Only about 3-4lbs of weight savings but very little snow stuck to it at all. Probably kept another 20lbs off the sled while riding, maybe more as the tunnel it replaced was bare aluminum. The one thing that could have been better was the wire protection pieces for the tail light. Snow stuck to those pretty well as they were raw aluminum. Any chance at getting those in carbon or at least coated?

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
I am waiting for the wire harness cover order to be delivered to make a carbon fiber one...Surprising the amount of snow/ice that builds up on that little alum cover compared to the carbon fiber tunnel....

Yes our parts have a shinny finish that is NOT clear coated (adds weight and cracks) , because the molds are polished and the use of auto clave set at 50 lbs of pressure...

TJ

Premium Features