• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Car trailer rental in Colorado or South Dakota? Need some help!

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
Hey everyone, I have a problem and need a direction. I have a 15 person passenger van that has a blown motor currently sitting in Rapid city South Dakota and need to get it back to Denver. Anyone know of a place that will rent a car hauler trailer? A uhaul option will not handle the weight (its full of band gear as it was on tour when it broke down). If you know of somewhere that rents these types of trailers, holler at me! Thanks in advance!

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Seems like that is on the high side. An F-350 has a curb weight of 7,000 is max configuration. Your typical Van is about 6,400 (3500 version).

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Commercial carrier that specializes in auto transport? I see them packing 2-4 rigs behind a Dodge 3500 all the time. He might have to charge you for 2 seats if it is that heavy. They travel quick so they may be somewhat reasonable and you wouldn't have to send a driver if you have someone to help load.

J
Nov 9, 2017
Although a uhaul option may not work, as said earlier, one can hire a transport company that provides heavy load hauling services. Because renting a car hauler trailer, driving it all by yourself and maybe sometimes one may not have enough expertise in doing so. So in order to avoid such circumstances I guess it is preferable to hire a shipping company that provides such services. One can get details about this service provider from the Internet.

Premium Features