• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
THIS IS NOT A BOT!!!!!!!!!! I AM 14 LOVE TO SLED AND NEED YOUR HONEST OPION AND ANSWERS FOR MY SCHOOL PAPER!

My name is Jacob and i'm from Cascade Middle School, in Auburn Washington. I am a sleder and i have some questions for our school news paper the Spartan Voice.

1) If your new to the "sport" what can you expect?

2) In your opion where's your favorite Snow Park?

3) When does the season start and end?

4) Is there any costs besides the purchase of a sled?

5) How can I be prepared for an all day outing.

6) Can you list some things needed for a good time?

7) How safe is it?

8) Not limited to Washington what is the BEST place to go?

I hope to see you guys this winter on the trails. I am a sleder new to the area I ride a 2008 Polaris RMK 600 144''. I know most of the answers for the questions but I need answers for the paper. If I have anymore questions I will post them. If you could email me your answers or post them in the forum.

Thanks,
Jacob

P.S. If you can not answer any of these questions could you redirect me in the right direction. If you want a copy of the paper completed I can email you a copy.

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
THIS IS NOT A BOT!!!!!!!!!! I AM 14 LOVE TO SLED AND NEED YOUR HONEST OPION AND ANSWERS FOR MY SCHOOL PAPER!

My name is Jacob and i'm from Cascade Middle School, in Auburn Washington. I am a sleder and i have some questions for our school news paper the Spartan Voice.

getting stuck alot and learning how to ride

Tony's Grove

Sometime in Nov ends in June

Truck, Trailer, Oil, Gas, Food, breakdowns, +more

Beacon, probe and a shovel and know how to use them. 3 pairs of gloves, enough food to last overnight, matches or a lighter, lots of water and snacks.

hot tub or Texas Holdem

7) How safe is it?

only as safe as the people you ride with

Monte Cristo:face-icon-small-win

I hope to see you guys this winter on the trails. I am a sleder new to the area I ride a 2008 Polaris RMK 600 144''. I know most of the answers for the questions but I need answers for the paper. If I have anymore questions I will post them. If you could email me your answers or post them in the forum.

Thanks,
Jacob

P.S. If you can not answer any of these questions could you redirect me in the right direction. If you want a copy of the paper completed I can email you a copy.

hope that helps

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com

1) What To Expect
The Top 10 List for Beginners
(found this on a motorcycle site, but it crosses over pretty good)

1. You're going to drop the bike... at least once.

2. You're going to be nervous for awhile.

3. You're going to get frustrated.

4. You're going to hear "crash" stories from non riders whether you like it or not.

5. You're going to get advice from others whether you want it or not.

6. You're going to find you're not wearing proper fitting gear at some point (wrong sunglasses so eyes water, gloves too bulky, etc.).

7. You're going to struggle with how to manage your new hairstyle called helmet hair.

8. You're going to spill gasoline all over the tank... at least once.

9. You're going to realize riding your own motorcycle is cooler than you ever imagined.

10. You're going to find yourself smiling more often.​
2) Warren Wagon in McCall. ALWAYS entertainment IN the park. :laugh: Can be to GOOD riding in about 4 miles. MANY options for terrain and direction!

3) Thanksgiving - Memorial Day

4) Travel costs- hotel and fuel
Transportation - truck and trailer
Rescue gear - beacon shovel probe
Survival gear
Maintenance
Rider gear
Cool mods

5) Water, food, good night sleep
(this is besides the good gear, rescue and survival equipment)

6) Good riding partners. Good attitude. Good reliable sled. Good gear. 2' of fresh powder and blue skies.

7) As safe as YOU and your riding partners want to make it.

8) Revelstoke, BC.. or McCall, ID... or Alpine, WY.. or Halfway, OR... hard to choose.

Would love to read your article when you are done!

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
Thanks! I should be done tonight. My rough draft will be in on monday and i should be the same thing so ill message it to you!

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
In addition to above:

Frustration once you have discoved quality areas to ride and then figure out how many of those places are under threat of closure or non-motorized designations. You will meet many new friends who will be willing to help you in many ways even though you are total strangers. Expect to start saving for boost.

Don't ride many "Parks", but the 49 Degrees North ski hill is open to sleds after it closes to the public, and shredding it is a blast.

When your parts have all arrived, when you are out of parts or race gas

Insurance is a good idea on a sled of any value. Enhanced license or Passport to get into Canada. Membership/donations in pro snowmobile rights organizations like SAWS or WSSA. Tabs/trail passes, out of state tabs if you travel. Avy Class (Many free classes though). $$$ for a Ladies Ride calendar so you can check out ^^^the chick 2 posts up^^^ among others. Really............

Feed your dog before you go, hydrate the day before, charge your Camera/GPS/2 Way Radios/Phone. Toilet Paper.

Warm/waterproof clothes. Snowmobile set up for your size and riding style. Ladies Ride calendar...........

7) How safe is it?

Safe enough to do, dangerous enough to kill you.

Anywhere someone else takes you. I like Castlegar, BC, Sicamous, BC, and McCall, ID.

Hope your paper turns out good. Keep us posted. EW

Last edited:

Minten

Lifetime Membership
Nov 6, 2010
Bozeman, Montana
In addition to above:

Frustration once you have discoved quality areas to ride and then figure out how many of those places are under threat of closure or non-motorized designations. You will meet many new friends who will be willing to help you in many ways even though you are total strangers. Expect to start saving for boost.

Don't ride many "Parks", but the 49 Degrees North ski hill is open to sleds after it closes to the public, and shredding it is a blast.

Insurance is a good idea on a sled of any value. Enhanced license or Passport to get into Canada. Membership/donations in pro snowmobile rights organizations like SAWS or WSSA. Tabs/trail passes, out of state tabs if you travel. Avy Class (Many free classes though). $$$ for a Ladies Ride calendar so you can check out ^^^the chick 2 posts up^^^ among others. Really............

Feed your dog before you go, hydrate the day before, charge your Camera/GPS/2 Way Radios/Phone. Toilet Paper.

Warm/waterproof clothes. Snowmobile set up for your size and riding style. Ladies Ride calendar...........

7) How safe is it?

Safe enough to do, dangerous enough to kill you.

Anywhere someone else takes you. I like Castlegar, BC, Sicamous, BC, and McCall, ID.

Hope your paper turns out good. Keep us posted. EW

i can only spend 1,000 a year. so what should i get? 08" polaris rmk 600 144". 100% stock. i need a longer skid maybe 155 but i go back to MN so i want a good flatland size. so would a 151 be better?

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada

i can only spend 1,000 a year. so what should i get? 08" polaris rmk 600 144". 100% stock. i need a longer skid maybe 155 but i go back to MN so i want a good flatland size. so would a 151 be better?

At your age... that sled will do anything you want it to...

Premium Features