• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boost it turbo questions

T
Oct 7, 2011
Hey all,
Just bought a new to me 2014 pro with a boost it turbo 174x3”, 36” front end, Cr racing tunnel, ice age rails plus more little changes. 1950 miles

not new to turbos but am new to boost it. Anything I should know or is there any instructions that someone could forward to me.
sled seems to run strong on a quick rip at home and is set at 8#’s according to the boost gauge.

anything that you can pass on would be appreciated or recommend someone to contact to discuss.
Thanks

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
try posting on Snow and Mud forum as well. seems to be alot of Canadian guys on there with a little knowledge of Boost-it. that's what I noticed when searching.
Neil was active a year ago on there selling a few extra parts he had left over.
Maybe he still is.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I had a 13 Boost-it Pro. Awesome sled. At 1950 miles, if the reeds are original you will want have look at those. Its a piggy back tuner so it can't pull timing. You need a good mix of race fuel.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I bought a boost it built sled, they sold me their problem/ lemon machine, coincidentally just before they shut their doors and disappeared.... I know way too much about their setup due to all the issue's I've had, but thats a whole nother story... as far as the box goes I highly recommend to run through it and record all the current fuel tables inside of it. That way if you had to touch it you know where it was before you tinkered. I know they tried to say it was a pull and go and never had to touch but I don't believe it my self, should have a air fuel gauge on the sled and you may have to tinker a little bit here or there, day to day for the main fuel setting to have the air fuel right. Otherwise you'll get DET or a melt down in a long pull.

run decent fuel, I ran 94 pump and about 25% av gas for 5-6# boost at 5k feet. just depends how much boost you want will certainly play into how high octane you go to.

Premium Features