• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

big bore

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
BMP in my opinion. Mine has literally been pull n go, no gauges, no buttons to push, just gas n go. No hiccups, bogs, hesitation, etc., very impressed, it has just been nice to ride for a change. I have not been around or have any experience with the Cutler. Have been around all others and BMP has proven superior. Have a friend that had a RKtech that rode mine and sold his that week and got a Prolite 940. This year 2 of my friends got Prolite 950's and they haven't made it out of parking lot yet for the most part.

15' BDX 940 Prolite Bikeman BigBore
13' ProRmk Turbo full custom build.

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
BMP in my opinion. Mine has literally been pull n go, no gauges, no buttons to push, just gas n go. No hiccups, bogs, hesitation, etc., very impressed, it has just been nice to ride for a change. I have not been around or have any experience with the Cutler. Have been around all others and BMP has proven superior. Have a friend that had a RKtech that rode mine and sold his that week and got a Prolite 940. This year 2 of my friends got Prolite 950's and they haven't made it out of parking lot yet for the most part.

This is the polaris section. But to be honest, i haven`t read anything good about rk tek big bore on polaris.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
This is the polaris section. But to be honest, i haven`t read anything good about rk tek big bore on polaris.

I have the RKTech pistons in my ProRmk turbo and they have held up very well, same with a few buddies running the Pistons in their pro turbos. But as far as their big bore for the pro, my stock 12'with a PAR head and MDS clutching walked all over my buddies RKTech big bore. He was pretty dis-appointed. The Carls 900 and PAR910 were a bit better but the performance gains no way we're worth the $ that they cost to do!

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
We're working on a 910 and a 962 stroker. Parts are in production.

Did you build one of these prior to producing parts. Just curious as you are basically building a 910 or 962 on a 600cc case. Doesn't the volume of the crank case have to come into play sooner or later?

N

N.A84

Nov 19, 2012
norway
I have the RKTech pistons in my ProRmk turbo and they have held up very well, same with a few buddies running the Pistons in their pro turbos. But as far as their big bore for the pro, my stock 12'with a PAR head and MDS clutching walked all over my buddies RKTech big bore. He was pretty dis-appointed. The Carls 900 and PAR910 were a bit better but the performance gains no way we're worth the $ that they cost to do!

Poor perfomance and alot of breakdowns, on very low mileage. That`s what i have seen and heard. I dont think that big bore is good for that engine, porting with pipe or turbo is the way to go.

Cascade Addiction

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
WA Cascades
I agree, that's what I did on my 13', have 1800 boosted miles with no issues

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If you guys know Turbotater at all, you KNOW that he's a ROCK SOLID engine guy.
He's been quietly clutching and porting for DECADES without a lot of promotion. Mostly word of mouth network.

I've had engine porters stare at Wayde's tuning and work on the hill and say "What the heck did you do to that thing? Who built that?"

He took my PSI engine and woke it the hell up. It came ALIVE!!!! He took Bruce's so called "race porting" that needed 50/50 race fuel and cleaned it up. Wayde got the fuel mixture to the middle of the piston and the pistons stayed cooler. I only needed a splash of race gas when Wayde was done with it.
So I learned that Bruce's race porting was just mis-shapen ports. Wayde cut MORE away, but he re-shaped everything so it lessened the amount of race fuel needed. THAT'S A GUY THAT KNOWS ENGINES!!!!

He took my 2003 Pol 800 twin and ported it up with his recommendations of clutching and custom pipe. People around here asked me if I had a 910 in it.

He knows his stuff.

He's got time with big bores. He's done work with M2W in Bismarck, Power Addiction in Utah.
He did some amazing stuff with the m1000 and he made A LOT of chitty PSIs and turned them into GREAT running sleds.

Wayde's venture into the big bores can only mean he'll put the same time and care into his product.

Wayde's reputation speaks for itself in my book. I can't wait to see how his big bores run. CANT WAIT!!!!

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Put one in your new Axys so we can test ride it. :face-icon-small-ton

Not that we need a test. Anyone who knows Wayde, knows he can make 100 year old Gamma with a walker run.

HAHAHA. GREAT analogy.

When I get around to getting a new sled, it will pretty much leave the show room and go straight to Wayde's. :)

Last edited:
Premium Features