• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 163 silber pump gas or bd?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Yes...that would make me feel much better. Why not Tee into that line to the turbo and continue running coolant through them though? Why disable that system?

It is just a metal tube running though the TB so no harm can be done by leaving it open.

It is just extra heat, for turbo applications less heat is better.

It is designed to keep the TB's from icing up but I have never seen a TB ice up.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
No it's got both bodies tied into one line... I left mine in and disconnected it... Put plastic plugs in hose to keep anything from moving through. That way if I want my kit off and put my sled to stick to sell etc I'm good to go.. Bolt in end of tube with electrical tape would work too

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Headed out to start putting my kit on. in the instructions it talks about a new helix but I didn't get one in the kit. I got springs (primary and secondary) and weights, but no helix. Have calls in to Corey and Justin, so we will see

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Headed out to start putting my kit on. in the instructions it talks about a new helix but I didn't get one in the kit. I got springs (primary and secondary) and weights, but no helix. Have calls in to Corey and Justin, so we will see

What color primary? I know he was trying to do more stock set up.

camppowersports

Lifetime Membership
Jun 23, 2010
The only fraud is Polaris voiding your entire warranty. You don't see Ford, Chevy, or Dodge trying that ****. I agree that there are certain things that shouldn't be covered depending on the mods done, but to deny warranty to an entire sled is wrong. When my jackshaft gets worn because of a ****ty bearing clearance, it should damn well be covered, turbo or not.

Hate to tell you this, but Install an aftermarket turbo and tuner on your truck and I bet warranty gets denied. And when your drivetrain wears (bad bearing or not) Polaris (or any other manufacturer) is going to blame it on excessive drivetrain wear caused by your mods.

The manufacturers look for anything and everything to avoid covering a warranty issue, whether its automotive or powersports (I have experience in both).

We're taking machines that came from the factory with less than 150hp (Myself included, as I have a Silber kit on my Pro) and boosting them to 200hp plus. Why should that be warrantied?

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Gotta express a little frustration here. Normally I get a notification from ups when I have a package to be delivered the next day (that would be an email today for package being delivered tomorrow). Didn't get it even though silber said "oh yeah send it in Monday next day and it'll be back by Friday!" Well I didn't go riding last weekend so I could get my ECU in early because where I live, I know shipping takes longer (rural Oregon). I paid 49 bucks to have it shipped second day air last Thursday. Tracked it and it was at silber on Monday. I don't have a tracking number to know when it was shipped back or anything. So I won't be riding this weekend and we are hitting mid sixties as far as the forecast can see. May not get to ride it this year...all on a promise from silber about how easy and fast an ECU reflash is.

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
I would've gladly paid the difference between ground and 2nd day to have them 2nd day it back.....But was told it would be here (I assumed the did send it second day, not ground). Very frustrating to see the final riding weekends of winter melting away with a dam sled sitting in the garage.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I feel your pain. You have entered the world of mods. It doesn't always go your way.

I would get a buddy to help pull the turbo off, put it back to stock and go ride. Only other option is if they over night from Friday(tomorrow) to Saturday morning.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
I feel your pain. You have entered the world of mods. It doesn't always go your way.

I would get a buddy to help pull the turbo off, put it back to stock and go ride. Only other option is if they over night from Friday(tomorrow) to Saturday morning.

Can't put it back to stock without an ECU. It's shipped already. Justin told me over the phone it went ground "Same day that we got it" Which would actually mean it was shipped out monday but I doubt it was shipped until tuesday.

This is what I was afraid of when I pulled the trigger this late in the game. Effin stupid. Should have openly suggested shipping 2nd day earlier in the week I guess...

Oh and UPS doesn't deliver saturdays around here

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
ohhhhh yeah, forgot about the sent in ecu.. my bad. I am not a fan of FedEx but they will deliver on Saturday.

Hopefully, when all is said and done. You have a few rides on it... your driving home, you can say "I was pissed, but it was worth it"

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
ohhhhh yeah, forgot about the sent in ecu.. my bad. I am not a fan of FedEx but they will deliver on Saturday.

Hopefully, when all is said and done. You have a few rides on it... your driving home, you can say "I was pissed, but it was worth it"

Lol I hope so. Been trying to be patient but it's definitely tough to do. Figured I would post up here to try to make myself feel better. Worst part is there isn't a damn thing Silber or myself can do at this point to speed it up!

Premium Features