• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avi pack style opinions

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
Looking at getting a new avi pack and just thought id get some opinions on if you guys like a backpack style or vest like a snowpulse charger x for example. So im interested in the vest for the reason of taking the weight off the shoulders more and spreading it out. But im a person who tends to run hot and think it may get too hot from that style. Or i could go with something like the klim atlas 16 with the different style front

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I had a BCA backpack avy rig which was fine but now use an Arva 15L vest. Next setup will also be a vest but prolly will go the electric fan route.

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
I had a BCA backpack avy rig which was fine but now use an Arva 15L vest. Next setup will also be a vest but prolly will go the electric fan route.
So our one dealer has klim and couple bca and our other has like 10 different bca option. I think one may have some orvotox bags and Scott. The one dealer doesn’t get in snowpulse stuff anymore they said it didn’t sell very good

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
you prolly cant go wrong with any of them. i'd narrow it down to what type of inflation system you want and then vest or bag. i like arva because of the adjustability of their vests to fit but they are bottle only and it's argon gas. they can't be refilled, only exchanged.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looking at getting a new avi pack and just thought id get some opinions on if you guys like a backpack style or vest like a snowpulse charger x for example. So im interested in the vest for the reason of taking the weight off the shoulders more and spreading it out. But im a person who tends to run hot and think it may get too hot from that style. Or i could go with something like the klim atlas 16 with the different style front
The VEST style, like the BCA Mtn Pro IS absolutely the warmest option out there.
Thats what I have been riding for years now.
While the polar opposite is the KLIM Atlas style that leaves your chest almost entirely OPEN for max cooling.

B

BubbleNuts

Dec 19, 2021
Alberta
you prolly cant go wrong with any of them. i'd narrow it down to what type of inflation system you want and then vest or bag. i like arva because of the adjustability of their vests to fit but they are bottle only and it's argon gas. they can't be refilled, only exchanged.
After thumbing around old threads I’m really liking what sounds of the aspect 16. I have a bca 25 turbo I think currently I got from my uncle. My dads pack is a really old high mark 2 and the weight is brutal. So I’m gonna buy a new pack then just let him wear the turbo. I think I was carrying bivy, probe, shovel, misc survival stuff, maps then my lunch and vitamin water and water so not a ton of stuff so Don’t need a giant pack

Premium Features