• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat "Catalyst" (All I am allowed to share)

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I'm rooting for them! Going to be looking for a new sled after next season, hoping the 24 Catalyst 888 is the ticket. If not, ready to switch to a 9R 155 as that is what I'm looking for. Just scared to death of Polaris failures and something I wouldn't deal with very well like the fan boys do. Too much money being spent to accept that kind of bs
I'm a little worried about the issues Polaris has been having too, but I think I'm going to get one since the Catalyst is only a 600. Rather than snowchecking this year though, I'm going to pick up a year-old used one, then I won't feel bad about snowchecking next year when Cat releases the "888." Just need a test ride at some point to make sure I'll like the Catalyst chassis.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
I was thinking tonight. I know, bad idea?. Anyway, If the only engine available is a 600. If pricing is agressive to get them on the snow? How many would get one just to feel it out.
I am planning on checking, if either of the two local dealers to to me have a price in line or better than a 6 should be with an 8 not available.

A
Dec 21, 2018
The should offer no guarantee 860s for those of us who are willing.. I'll be a guinea pig rather than get a 600mountain... It's that or get one year more out of my 2019 but that's stretching it..

D
Feb 7, 2022
I'm rooting for them! Going to be looking for a new sled after next season, hoping the 24 Catalyst 888 is the ticket. If not, ready to switch to a 9R 155 as that is what I'm looking for. Just scared to death of Polaris failures and something I wouldn't deal with very well like the fan boys do. Too much money being spent to accept that kind of bs
I agree completely! Blown clutches, fowling plugs, blown motors, blown belts! We the people need to quit buying junk and being happy with it. Vote with your hard earned money. Send the message!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I would suggest to Cat something along these lines.....
Offer the 600 under a lease program. This would limit the loss the owner would take.
The first big engine Catalysts will be offered to those who bought or leased 2024 600 Catalysts.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would suggest to Cat something along these lines.....
Offer the 600 under a lease program. This would limit the loss the owner would take.
The first big engine Catalysts will be offered to those who bought or leased 2024 600 Catalysts.
How much per scratch wouldyou lose under this program?

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
How much per scratch wouldyou lose under this program?
I don't trade every year, so I don't know what the market is currently absorbing. But it would need to be like autos & ding you for mileage overages and damages. But my point is that I would be hesitant to try a 600 because I fear their residuals will be garbage when the 600s come in for big ones. This would mitigate that. Perhaps even keep residual artificially higher to reward those that try the 600? That expense could be written off as 'marketing'.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't trade every year, so I don't know what the market is currently absorbing. But it would need to be like autos & ding you for mileage overages and damages. But my point is that I would be hesitant to try a 600 because I fear their residuals will be garbage when the 600s come in for big ones. This would mitigate that. Perhaps even keep residual artificially higher to reward those that try the 600? That expense could be written off as 'marketing'.
I was just joking. The only way i would buy one is for my daughter. I'm sure it's a fun sled and i would ride it for a little bit to try it but that's it. To get one for your dedicated sled, i don't think so. Doubt i want one until they come with boost. Might get one with bigger motor to replace mountain max. It's the spare that never gets rode much.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I was just joking. The only way i would buy one is for my daughter. I'm sure it's a fun sled and i would ride it for a little bit to try it but that's it. To get one for your dedicated sled, i don't think so. Doubt i want one until they come with boost. Might get one with bigger motor to replace mountain max. It's the spare that never gets rode much.
Sounds like your daughter is getting a new sled next year

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Maybe. I have to see them first. I might just see if i can turn up the neo.
Only place near us they'll be is the Jackson Hill Climbs (which won't have demo rides), unless you want to book a ride with Kyle Huestis in Seeley when he has one to ride.

I noticed Doo also brought back the 600r summit this year to give the Catalyst 600 more competition

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Only place near us they'll be is the Jackson Hill Climbs (which won't have demo rides), unless you want to book a ride with Kyle Huestis in Seeley when he has one to ride.

I noticed Doo also brought back the 600r summit this year to give the Catalyst 600 more competition
When does he get them? I actually don't even know who he is. My buddy was trying to talk me into 600r for her. I'd rather try a cat. Only thing i don't like is 3 inch and scratchers for her. She doesn't pay attention to keeping thing cool and they are more of a pain if she breaks one. Thought they said 2.6 trenched more and was 10 pound heavier track. We might go to Jackson.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
When does he get them? I actually don't even know who he is. My buddy was trying to talk me into 600r for her. I'd rather try a cat. Only thing i don't like is 3 inch and scratchers for her. She doesn't pay attention to keeping thing cool and they are more of a pain if she breaks one. Thought they said 2.6 trenched more and was 10 pound heavier track. We might go to Jackson.
Kyle Huestis is Ridinsnowy and freshies built on Instagram, he is a Black Cats rider as of Haydays last fall. Thought i saw on one of his posts that he's supposed to have at least one by the end of the month.

I can see the cooling being an issue, might have to add a flap somehow (Everett flap?). Short tunnel doos at least stay cool fine with the accessory flap added.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Kyle Huestis is Ridinsnowy and freshies built on Instagram, he is a Black Cats rider as of Haydays last fall. Thought i saw on one of his posts that he's supposed to have at least one by the end of the month.

I can see the cooling being an issue, might have to add a flap somehow (Everett flap?). Short tunnel doos at least stay cool fine with the accessory flap added.
Also on the regular web https://freshiesbuilt.com/

I rented a sled from him before. Pretty cool guy, was fair and didn’t rape me on repairs when I bashed it lol He also has a nice lodge just down from proven progression’s lodge.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Sure glad I got to ride them, feels super small, good running 600, way more power than old 600, but its not a 800 for sure, 15 seconds to remove all body with no tools

329246658_725322712306661_3031899034222840243_n.jpg329008050_606672491293753_9057229601032432531_n.jpg

D
Feb 7, 2022
I have the 2.6" - 146" on my 22 Hardcore and it's a great all around track. Great on hard pack too.

Premium Features