• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have any info on the New 800 ETEC-2 release today? Hoax??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I saw this on FB today... Wondering if it's a Hoax or the real thing?

11% more HP... not bad and with better MPG.

HMMMM.

BRP INTRODUCES NEW ROTAX E-TEC-2 800R SNOWMOBILE ENGINE: MORE HORSEPOWER AND UP TO 7% BETTER FUEL ECONOMY AND 11% MORE HP.
Valcourt, Québec, January 7, 2015 – BRP is expanding its revolutionary E-TEC engine technology in Ski-Doo snowmobiles with the introduction of the much anticipated Rotax E-TEC-2 800R engine. This lightweight two-stroke engine uses sophisticated electronic injectors and a powerful central computer to deliver stunning improvements in performance, efficiency and ease-of-use. This engine debuts in a limited build 2015.5 Ski Doo MX Z XRS-package sled. This sled features a all new REV-III chassis with state of the art Air Adjustable Shocks (AAS Technology) which use an onboard compressor to adjust the front and rear suspension shocks on the fly with easy to use handlebar controls.

“This is a no compromise engine. ¬Not only does it generate 11% more power than our current 800 E-Tec, but it sets new benchmarks for fuel and oil economy,” said Bob Lumley, vice-president, Sales & Marketing, Ski-Doo/Sea-Doo. “In fact, the new Rotax E-TEC 800R engine is up to 7% better than our competitors in fuel economy,” added Lumley.
Benefits of the Rotax 800R E-TEC-2 engine include:
- horsepower exceeding the Rotax E-Tec 800 engine;
- outstanding fuel economy: 22 mpg (12.3 l/100 km);
- great fuel range: 212 miles (325km);
- increased oil economy: 304 miles/quart (450 km/l);
- virtually no smoke or smell;
- lower emissions than any other 800cc snowmobile on the market;
- first pull starts every time;
- super smooth, refined idle;
- significantly lighter throttle pull;
- automatic break-in function;
- automatic summerization function.

BRP first introduced the E-TEC technology in its Evinrude outboard engines in 2003 and subsequently won the Clean Air Technology Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Adapted later on for Ski-Doo snowmobiles, it was first brought to the market in 2008 with the Rotax E-TEC 600 H.O. engine. Since then, it has become the industry’s best-selling 600cc engine and has won numerous industry awards.

“This introduction reflects the outstanding innovative capabilities of BRP, especially in expanding more environmentally friendly technologies,” said Yves Leduc, vice- president and general manager, North America division. “Transferring technology and know-how from one product to another demonstrates the strength and capabilities of our design and engineering teams. It also extends our products’ leadership farther and faster.”
A limited number of black 2015.5 Ski-Doo MX Z X snowmobiles powered by the new engine will be available for purchase at North American BRP dealers in the next few days.

So consumers can experience this remarkable new engine, a demo tour of the Ski-Doo MX Z X 800R E-TEC-2 sleds will be travelling the snowbelt for the remainder of the winter (a schedule of events is available on ski-doo.com). Plus, a handful of Summit E-TEC-2 800R models will be available as demonstration units.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski Doo® and Lynx® snowmobiles, Sea Doo® watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude® and Johnson® outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as E TEC®, Can Am™ all-terrain vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax® engines and karts. With manufacturing facilities on three continents, BRP products are distributed in more than 80 countries.
www.brp.com
Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Evinrude, Johnson, Can-Am, Rotax, Spyder, E-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
no surprise i guess. pretty soon all of our pickups we pull the sleds to the mountains will have the torque of a semi. the sleds will the power and traction of a snowcat, yet weigh 400 lbs. the only thing that will be the same is we will still bitch about how much it all costs :second:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
no surprise i guess. pretty soon all of our pickups we pull the sleds to the mountains will have the torque of a semi. the sleds will the power and traction of a snowcat, yet weigh 400 lbs. the only thing that will be the same is we will still bitch about how much it all costs :second:
From your mouth to the Snow God's ears!!!!!!!!

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
Any substantial an announcement will be delayed till the unveiling of MY 2016 products. This way they can garner the most attention from the industry for their products. Companies don't release big improvements and try to keep them quiet.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I saw this on FB today... Wondering if it's a Hoax or the real thing?

11% more HP... not bad and with better MPG.

HMMMM.

But in all honesty this was created from a guy on DooTalk from the orognal 800 Etec release back in 2010:

Valcourt, Québec, January 19, 2010 – BRP is expanding its revolutionary E-TEC engine technology in Ski-Doo snowmobiles with the introduction of the much anticipated Rotax E-TEC 800R engine. This lightweight two-stroke engine uses sophisticated electronic injectors and a powerful central computer to deliver stunning improvements in performance, efficiency and ease-of-use. This engine debuts in a limited build 2010 Ski Doo MX Z X-package sled.

“This is a no compromise engine. ¬Not only does it generate more power, but it sets new benchmarks for fuel and oil economy,” said Bob Lumley, vice-president, Sales & Marketing, Ski-Doo/Sea-Doo. “In fact, the new Rotax E-TEC 800R engine is up to 37% better than our competitors in fuel economy,” added Lumley.

Benefits of the Rotax 800R E-TEC engine include:
- horsepower exceeding the Rotax PowerT.E.K. 800 engine;
- outstanding fuel economy: 19 mpg (12.3 l/100 km);
- great fuel range: 202 miles (325km);
- increased oil economy: 264 miles/quart (450 km/l);
- virtually no smoke or smell;
- lower emissions than any other 800cc snowmobile on the market;
- first pull starts every time;
- super smooth, refined idle;
- significantly lighter throttle pull;
- automatic break-in function;
- automatic summerization function.

BRP first introduced the E-TEC technology in its Evinrude outboard engines in 2003 and subsequently won the Clean Air Technology Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Adapted later on for Ski-Doo snowmobiles, it was first brought to the market in 2008 with the Rotax E-TEC 600 H.O. engine. Since then, it has become the industry’s best-selling 600cc engine and has won numerous industry awards.

“This introduction reflects the outstanding innovative capabilities of BRP, especially in expanding more environmentally friendly technologies,” said Yves Leduc, vice- president and general manager, North America division. “Transferring technology and know-how from one product to another demonstrates the strength and capabilities of our design and engineering teams. It also extends our products’ leadership farther and faster.”
A limited number of black 2010 Ski-Doo MX Z X snowmobiles powered by the new engine will be available for purchase at North American BRP dealers in the next few days.

So consumers can experience this remarkable new engine, a demo tour of the Ski-Doo MX Z X 800R E-TEC sleds will be travelling the snowbelt for the remainder of the winter (a schedule of events is available on ski-doo.com). Plus, a handful of Summit E-TEC 800R models will be available as demonstration units.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski Doo® and Lynx® snowmobiles, Sea Doo® watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude® and Johnson® outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as E TEC®, Can Am™ all-terrain vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax® engines and karts. With manufacturing facilities on three continents, BRP products are distributed in more than 80 countries.

www.brp.com

Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, Lynx, Evinrude, Johnson, Can-Am, Rotax, Spyder, E-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Maybe they looked at how the engine builder from alberta took the stock etec and found a easy 20 hp with just porting and applied it to there new motors...

So what sad that they left this on the table to start with, get with it brp, it should of been done on the first day of the etec release

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Fred, why shoot your wad all at once? The etech has proven to be the best 2 stroke out there for 9r the last 4 years. Now with the rumor mill talking about a new Poo engine, why not kick out a 180 800 cc stroke?

...makes better business sence to me, but wtf do I know?

Ace

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The release I have heard a couple dealers talk about is tomorrow (the 7th) and they are saying a new model sled early release.......

Yep, tomorrow. Hopefully not something that will make us regret checking the sleds we just got. :(
Just to raise some interest: Looking at 2015 parts (I am putting a 40" RAS2 front end on my Freeride), I found some parts listed as having the following applications: "T3, T4"
What the help is a T4?

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
A friend of mine already decided to get a 16 but when he talked to diamond s to get a ti can for his 13 he asked if he could put that on a 16 n they told him that they don't know if it would be compatible or not. Take it for what you want but sounds like something is in the works.

E

EZ Ryder

Nov 17, 2013
This wouldn't be a surprise to me. I had heard some rumors last year about the second generation e-tec motors. BRP is so far ahead of the other manufacturers in engine technology, and as far as a first year purchase of this engine I would have a lot of faith in it compared to some others. Just seems like good timing for this.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
After chatting with a friend who used to be a Doo store service manager, we figure it may be a new 4-stroke, or a smaller chassis sled, like the Freestyle.
Anything else, they are going to peeve off a lot of guys who dropped a lot of cash on snowchecks that they just picked up.

Premium Features