• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air in oil lines.

Sad day. This weekend my oil pump on my 2020 summit expert failed and seized the motor. Luckily the tow out was nice and easy and it was only -20F. Dealer says there was air in the oil lines going to mag side and pto side. New short block on its way. Question is this. I have heard it is necessary to bleed the lines multiple times on these 850s. Does skidoo ship these things bled with oil in them or would that have been something the dealer goofed? Not that it matters now, just want to ensure this doesn’t happen again when I am 40 miles from the truck in the mountains. Fun times breaking it in again ?.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
you didn't mention if this was your machine's first time out. if so then maybe the dealer didn't bleed the air out although i would think that would be done at the factory because they run the engines to check them out. if you have miles on it then that points to a leak or air getting in somehow as a result of a new issue.

you didn't mention if this was your machine's first time out. if so then maybe the dealer didn't bleed the air out although i would think that would be done at the factory because they run the engines to check them out. if you have miles on it then that points to a leak or air getting in somehow as a result of a new issue.

About 150 miles on the machine. Opened the oil cap once I got it home and the reservoir was pressurized. First for me.

S
Mar 8, 2011
Mine wasn't due to oil line. Still waiting on BRP to investigate, but I clearly believe Rod Failure. This was on a 2020 Expert @ 72% break in and 92 miles.

IMG_4195.JPEG IMG_4196.JPEG

Premium Features