• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

96 ultra rear upgrade?

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Getting into the second phase for my greazy 96 RMK Ultra extra 10. Has front shocks off a 22 RMK Pro raising the front about 2–3 inches. This is enough to changer the geometry and compress the rear suspension too easy. At first I was think of replacing the rear shocks with something a little longer/stiffer. Then I looked over the track and she probably needs a new track.

Looking at tracks USA they still sell a rail extension for the ultra rmk where I could extend the rails to 144 but I would probably want to drop/roll the chain case and try to fit a lighter weight 2” lug track. But then I’d probably want to change the attack angle and get that rear end up a bit higher. Thinking what other rear complete suspension I could use. Options that would fit. (M10, Edge Rmk, etc). I see sometimes guys are selling those cheap longer skid, fresh shocks and sometimes a track with them.

Think I may have a local guy drop/roll the chain case unless I can find a cheap donor.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
Thinking I may go with a 151 skid off an edge chasis, found skid, track looking for 7 tooth drivers though. The oem specs are as follows

Tooth: 9
Pitch: 2.52"
Shaft: 0.965" Hex Shaft
Outside Diameter: 7"
Position: Lateral (Outer)

Replaces OEM:
Polaris #5430993

I can't find a hex shaft driver at .965. Wondering if I just go with a 1 inch?

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
I believe SLP may still make side plates for your bulkhead that relocates the bolt holes, covers the old shaft holes and has the new shaft holes. Makes doing a drop and roll a peice of cake, i used these on my old 650 indy. If you go with the 1" shaft I would probably come up with some sort of clamp to squeeze down on the shaft or get a machine shop to make some clamps to put on the shaft to act as blockers so that the drivers cant move.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I believe SLP may still make side plates for your bulkhead that relocates the bolt holes, covers the old shaft holes and has the new shaft holes. Makes doing a drop and roll a peice of cake, i used these on my old 650 indy. If you go with the 1" shaft I would probably come up with some sort of clamp to squeeze down on the shaft or get a machine shop to make some clamps to put on the shaft to act as blockers so that the drivers cant move.
Good Idea. I have access to a machine shop with a helluva machinist.

Premium Features