• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 standard Rmk track shock upgrade

Jan 28, 2010
Been many years since I tinkered on this sled so out of touch on fitment and easy routes to go.

Used to make some trips to the rockies but now likely not so contemplating if I should sell sled or modify for flatland use. 800 155", have the clutching workkng fine but not keen on the rear suspension. Have a 2015 800 2" x 144" switchback assault I ride more often here but still prefer the handling and feel of the rmk when I am lucky enough to find soft snow. So if I could improve the ride of the rmk when snow isn't so great then I would likely ride it more. Don't ride trails, mainly open fields and get into bush and treelines.

Without getting crazy on full custom shock and valving and such, seems to me the simplest bang-for-buck option would be to get track shocks from a 2011 to 2015 Rmk Assault, get them checked for pressure, and they should bolt in. If the rmk assault units are the most suitable option I could send them away for overhaul and fine tuning before bolting in. I am in Saskatchewan so a nearby Canadian operation to do that work is preferred if someone knows where I should go.

Not too concerned with ski shocks, i have lived with basic shocks for many years on other sleds around home . The track is where my interest to improve is. Is a change to the coil spring on rear track worth considering? Dual rate maybe? As I say, I haven't paid attention to what is normally done to improve these sleds in recent years.

Premium Features