• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

~ 3rd Annual Washington Ladies Ride ~

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
This was the last Ladies Ride of the season and we sure went out with a bang!! What an amazing 3 days! :heart:

We rode out of Salmon La Sac on Friday and Saturday.

Friday's ride we had 11 ladies with off and on sunshine. Somehow I missed picture opportunities on the first stucks of the day... A few girls decided to head up chaincase and found themselves in a predicament. I think the rescuers found a few predicaments too... lol I filled Sherri's helmet full of snow and a few others did some interesting parking jobs... ;) On up the trail we go and Karen and Jana tried a fun line and both found trees... :p We found our way up into some bowls and the ladies carved, climbed and sidehilled for hours. Back to the parking lot at 6:30.

Saturday's ride was most interesting.... we took a left when we should have taken a right that ended up with us behind a lone rider/dude breaking trail. Amy was leading and comes upon the guy augered in. I wasn't there for this one but I guess the ladies took over and got the guy unstuck. He made it a bit further then dug it in again. This time we all caught up and saw what was ahead of him and 15 of us.... it was time to break out the shovels. Our goat trail needed some road maintenance. Over an hour later, 16 shovels, 32 feet and about 200 yards of shovel shovel stomp stomp we had a nice little trail. The guy was in awe of the ladies, the smiles as they shoveled, the teamwork to get the task done. He just kept shaking his head and saying "amazing". Can YOU imagine being stuck up on the hill and having 15 sledchicks come to your rescue? Lucky dude... hehehe We had a few little mishaps along the way to the top but finally made it and were greeted with fog and powder.... the girls quickly refueled their bodies then split up to play.

Here's a link to the dude's report of our goat trail fun!
http://backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=14745

Amy, Sherri and myself went to see if we could break trail into another area and in the meantime found ourselves getting out the saw to get Amy out of tree one, then I sidehilled off a tree at WFO with Becky's PRO and we decided maybe we shouldn't be headed back in there with all 15 of us... back to the group we go. Amy decided to show off her climbing skills then put on a demonstration of how to self rescue on the side of a very steep hill. Hoots and hollers could be heard from far far away!

I think the goat trail building took alot of the ladies and so we called it a day around 4... off to mexican for dinner and someone decided we needed a birthday to celebrate... lol We tried to get into the Brick to dance that night and it was at max capacity so off to Pastime we went for a bit then some went and closed down the Old #3 and some of us decided a ride was in order the next day and it was time to go home, beauty sleep. ;)

Sunday I took Becky, Lori & Ann to Gold Creek. We arrive to the parking lot to one spot left, kinda... some people just really don't know how to park. :loco: Not Lori, she freaking turned that almost one spot into a great place for her dually and trailer then Becky and I nosed our trucks in nice and cozy next to her. Off we went for some good ole fashioned tree riding... and I promptly found a deadend that requird Becky and I to get our sleds turned 180 and back down.. it took a while and rolling of Naomi. lol Then the 4 of us continued to find the non-easy way up the hill while we were only 20' from a trail that we could hear others just whipping right up, but that wasn't the ride we wanted for the day... we wanted CHALLENGE! I took them to one of my honey holes and sat up on the ridge taking pictures, I could hear the 3 of them ripping around with giggles and hollers all over. SO COOL! We start dropping down to above my favorite Hookie bowl and come to a slide area that could cause some sidehill failures so I decided to just drop down. Becky lets me know she's not real comfortable with this and I assure her I wouldn't take her anywhere I even remotely thought she couldn't make. She looks at me and then says ok.... I drop first then here comes Becky just a screaming all the say down! She gets to me and is giggling but cussing... lol We get to the last shelf before we drop all the way down and I take the girls over to look and get a feel for whether we should drop all the way or not. We are treated to a show... 4 dudes below us are trying to get up to where we are and have to do a creek crossing, first guy goes over his handlebars on his try and we all bust up laughing then start screaming "WHOOOOHOOOO". With the open creekbed to possibly deter us from the easy route out we decided to turn around and come up the ravine we just dropped into. We toured around and tried to find more technical terrain, the girls had let me know they were here to be challenged today and I was trying my darndest to do so! I took them into a few areas where I've had dudes pucker up on me!! Without cooperation from the sun we finally called it a day around 4. Sad goodbyes in the parking lot... and we send Becky on home (still grinning HUGE!) and Ann & Lori followed me to my house for the night.

SUCH a fabulous weekend!!

Here's all of my pictures on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=280958&id=681176651&l=5059d80047

Here's some of the highlights...

A little Whoa and a little Pro...
IMG_2263.jpg

Saturday's start
IMG_2267.jpg

Not bad!
IMG_2284.jpg

Sun, I dare you to come out!
IMG_2297.jpg