• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Neo + 85hp..

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Has anybody seen under the hood of the 2025 neo +?

Word on the street is it’s just got the 600 EFI expansion chamber but curious if it’s a different tune needed to get the older neo + up to 85 hp.

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
I bought my lady a Neo+ this year. She's already outgrown the power available but it's a great sled for her first, getting the hang of the basics and getting comfortable holding the throttle to the bars. That said, I had considered getting the SLP pipe and clutch kit for it and keeping it around... I think I'll just upgrade her to a proper 600 summit next year. I'm afraid this new release is going to kill the resale now... Might just have to keep it around for the nieces and nephews. Wish I'd held off another year seeing this. I can't see how the SLP pipe and Clutch only would get it up to 75HP... gotta add more fuel to the mix to get that power I'd imagine. Maybe the new Neo tune and pipe could be adapted easily, I doubt there is a big enough market for any tuning companies to put any real time into these. I can't believe SLP even put the time in for the pipe and clutching.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yes, that is correct, 23 and 24 model years were 40 HP for the Neo and 55 for the neo + and now it’s 55hp for the Neo and 85 for the neo +.
The neo + is a great kid sled and 85 hp will make it that much better. I'm not an arctic cat blast fan. I'm sure the new ones are better. I believe the 600 catalyst is the best kid sled out there but is 4 or 5 grand more. The neo + is a close second.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I bought my lady a Neo+ this year. She's already outgrown the power available but it's a great sled for her first, getting the hang of the basics and getting comfortable holding the throttle to the bars. That said, I had considered getting the SLP pipe and clutch kit for it and keeping it around... I think I'll just upgrade her to a proper 600 summit next year. I'm afraid this new release is going to kill the resale now... Might just have to keep it around for the nieces and nephews. Wish I'd held off another year seeing this. I can't see how the SLP pipe and Clutch only would get it up to 75HP... gotta add more fuel to the mix to get that power I'd imagine. Maybe the new Neo tune and pipe could be adapted easily, I doubt there is a big enough market for any tuning companies to put any real time into these. I can't believe SLP even put the time in for the pipe and clutching.
I agree, but we bought ours when they first came out in 23 and so no one had a crystal ball to know what they were gonna do next. I’m sure that someone will figure out a tune to be able to get it to some higher numbers. Until dealers get them in their hands I’m sure not much is going to be figured out.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Crazy thing, Straightline says pipe alone will get it to 75 hp, all “estimated” until dyno results, which I don’t think are done, admittedly not sure. How is skidoo getting the other 10hp? Fuel and air, so mapping update?

After talking to them, the clutch kit is not a requirement, but necessary for achieving the HP gain. So, really it’s a 20hp gain, due to higher rpms mostly from the clutch.

More power needs more fuel, more fuel needs more air.

Just having a hard time seeing that simply the straightline pipe and clutch kit is the magic combination.

I think the 23/24 power restriction on the sleds is why they sound like absolute crap at cold startup. You’d think somethings wrong as poor running as they sound until they warm up.

Whatcha think?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Thats a really restricted stock pipe if all you need is a new pipe. Im surprized it would run with that much restriction
I bought a Neo + in 2023 and the first thing the mechanic at our dealer said after seeing it was that all it would need was a pipe to gain 25 HP and no he did not know that SLP did just that. So yes it has a very restrictive pipe and no it does not need tuning. Just a pipe and clutching evidently. We are now ready to take ours to the next step so I will wait and see if Ski Doo has a retrofit kit and if not I will get the pipe and clutching from SLP before next winter. I feel that we are going to need to upgrade it now just to have any kind of a resale value.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I bought a Neo + in 2023 and the first thing the mechanic at our dealer said after seeing it was that all it would need was a pipe to gain 25 HP and no he did not know that SLP did just that. So yes it has a very restrictive pipe and no it does not need tuning. Just a pipe and clutching evidently. We are now ready to take ours to the next step so I will wait and see if Ski Doo has a retrofit kit and if not I will get the pipe and clutching from SLP before next winter. I feel that we are going to need to upgrade it now just to have any kind of a resale value.
Good deal, I’m in the same boat as you.

Premium Features