• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 850 N/A reflash to 2023/4 map

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I have seen mention of a reflash for 2022 850 N/A sleds to the 2023 map. My sled is currently at the dealer getting all the recalls taken care of. Should I ask them to update the ECU to the 2023 or 2024 map? I'm out of warranty, but would be happy to pay to have it done. Is that something they will do?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I'm betting the best people to ask would be service guys;)

I'm sure you can get it updated for free tho.
I call about bringing my sled in for the recalls and the service guy tells me they will have a whole shipment of the new primaries in 2 weeks. I wait a couple of weeks, take my sled over, and ask if the new primaries have arrived yet. The service guy tells me that they are ordering primaries on a case by case basis and to expect my sled to be done in 4-6 weeks. 🤦‍♂️ I don't trust dealer service guys. 🤣

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Does the brake recall they put out last winter include a full ECU flash, or does that just apply specifically the brake "fix"?

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Interesting and good info.
I was going to ask about the flash next week when I go in for the clutch.
But I opted out on the brake recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Just got my clutch recall completed. Newest Flash was done also-and included the brake reflash. I was told the brake reflash was built into it and it had to be done, possible warranty issues if not.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Just got my clutch recall completed. Newest Flash was done also-and included the brake reflash. I was told the brake reflash was built into it and it had to be done, possible warranty issues if not.

I’ll be curious if you notice any power changes. My dealers intentionally left the brake flash off my sled and although I’m not against it, if it ain’t broke why fix it.

The one update I’m curious of, is the 7s update. The 24’ screens look different and that’s one thing I like updating

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I’ll be curious if you notice any power changes. My dealers intentionally left the brake flash off my sled and although I’m not against it, if it ain’t broke why fix it.

The one update I’m curious of, is the 7s update. The 24’ screens look different and that’s one thing I like updating
7S dash can be updated by consumer here:

7S software and 7S map package can be updated here. Instructions are on ride command page. Simple and straightforward

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East

Yeah I wasn’t happy about it really. Last year they let me waive it. They did offer to unhook the brake light switch for me.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
All updated @Murph 👍🏻 display looks the same😂 I’m really curious now why the 24’ screens look so different🤷🏻‍♂️
I guess they want the guys who ponied up for the '24 to be sure they were getting their monies worth? I wonder how long before they offer a paid upgrade to the new look. Maybe they'll follow Tesla and start charging for ECU flashes...

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
The current 7s update is from March 2023. It came out around the release of the 2024's in the spring. The dates are giving on the Ride Command site.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
The current 7s update is from March 2023. It came out around the release of the 2024's in the spring. The dates are giving on the Ride Command site.
Ya, was hoping it was a more recent update. Who knows🤷🏻‍♂️

Premium Features