• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 jack shaft issue

T
I have a 2021 650 launch and have read the issues with the bearing and possible jack shaft failure .I am wondering what i should to prventatively to avoid it .Must anew assmbly and bracket be installed or can the existing assembly (500 miles only) be used.Iys a new to me sled and i have looked at it yet.Thanks first post. Terry

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Welcome to snowest Terry

I don't have any direct experience with this issue, maybe someone else will chime in. But from what I understand there's not much to be done short of installing the corrective bracket Polaris released. Is this sled still under warranty? Sounds like Polaris will fix this on a warranty basis, if it fails. That's what this dealer suggests in this video:

T
there is no warranty , i could get the new bracket and move the bearing if i knew where it needs to go and there is no shoulder on the shaft preventing it from moving inboard.I would then add a shim to the outboard side of the bearing with another shim the shickness of the distance the bearing had to be moved.It should be an easy fix if we could het the distance the bearing needs to be from one end or the shaft or the other , a new bracket and a new shim.I think it is stupid to have ro buy a new shaft at 400 bucks

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I hear ya, I wouldn't be running out to buy a new shaft either. Sorry I don't have any insight on what you're looking to do. This issue didn't apply to mountain sleds, which is the focus for most on this forum.

Premium Features