• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Alpha Upgrades

Radar78

Lifetime Membership
Aug 20, 2010
Dundurn Sask. Canada
Bought a new to me (58 miles) ‘19 Alpha. Coming off of a ‘16 M8000. Wondering what guys are using for front bumpers? Also wondering what aftermarket clutch setup guys are having luck with. Any other “must does” this sled needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
My 2021 Alpha came with the Arctic Cat full front bumper which I think is a must. I think the Diamond S ti can is an excellent upgrade to sled. The Pin'd running board inserts are also on that list.

20221113_110337.jpg

Bushpilot

Lifetime Membership
Sep 27, 2005
Front tube bumper
Keep your rear front shock at least to 70PSI
Diamond S can
Adapt Clutch with Bikeman weights
Belt drive
BMP Pipe and Y

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Front bumper, find one that completely covers the airbox, also find one that has good grabbing points, I went with a bdx pro mtn was it?

Track tension! watch it!

Clip every track window! find stock clips or even just 2 individual flat ones, my hyfax over 2,000km ate through the rubber of the unclipped windows, theres some huge pressure points happening because of all the track flex from the single rail.

4 wheel kit - saves track fiberglass rods from snapping and my wheels tore through the track as if they were "sharp" so hopefully it wont happen again.

Shock pressures! i think minimum 70 front track, I run 80? and no lower than 120 rear, I'm about 180# before goodies so I run 130# in the rear, Never had a rail issue. I believe when they bottom out they break.

Rear snow flap, I put a polaris one on mine as they are cheap. the factory one doesnt let you grab the damn bumper!.

Keep an eye on the primary clutch for cracking.... I got about 4k km on mine before it cracked, I believe heat was the big factor as before 1 ride it was fine then I unfortunately really abused it the following ride with lots of deep snow and never stopping, I cooked a belt (not blown) but I found the crack after that ride.

R
Sep 14, 2009
POW CITY
For me what I like to do first is a front bumper ( In my case a Cat Pro mtn) , boards (Pin"d), 2" bar riser (CFR) (I'M 5.10), low seat (skinz) and a can. Then clutching ( Silber cuz I turbo after 400miles), Gripper skis, and taller spindles (mine are the 2nd gen BMP Highmark) or equivalent ie. Iceage. Next for me was 5" tunnel chop off my 154 and rear bumper (I used 146 Cat procross cheap, available and does the job). I would also say too that keeping an eye on track tension is key! my 2 cents

sled1.jpg sled2.jpg

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
stock clutching is fine imo.

Only needs gas and oil. Maybe cut the flap off lol, and running boards. Too easy to get carried away after that

Premium Features