• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Skidoo 850 Etec No Start

N
Dec 18, 2019
Hey Guys, I got a 850 etec that does not want to start anymore.
I washed it yesterday started it for a few minutes after and then parked it in the garage. a few hours later I went out to start and nothing.
Nothing shows on dash, does not crank on electric start.
when I pull start it,I get no spark. I have no power going to Dess Post as well. I checked the 4 fuses by gas tank and those are good.

any idea what else I should check?

Massif master

Premium Member
Oct 10, 2018
Massif du Sud
Check for proper ground cable behind driven clutch from battery. Otherwise, replace starter assembly as the solenoid defaults after a couple seasons or-and get a pull start

M
Nov 18, 2023
Billings MT
Found out issue. Hooked up computer with remote battery as we have no starter. After pull starting engine would not run. Second time trying the spark plug ignition coil started hissing and blew out steam. Replaced coil. Tried again and would start and run for 2 second and then die. But would run. Had to take to dealership. Dealer in Cody WY was good to troubleshoot and work with. We agreed it was the computer. Dealer called me back before installing the computer and asked if I had indeed replaced the stator. I told them we just installed a new one. They tested two other sleds all had different reading. We both agreed to replace the stator as it may be bad out of the box. Guess what. Bad out of the box. Bought aftermarket off EBay China. Cost me $1300 to get running again but word to the wise. Buy genuine OEM parts. Don’t get stuck at 10,000 foot elevation with crap. I know better but was trying to save a buck. Lesson learned. Hopefully you guys will learn from my mistakes.

Premium Features