• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 m8000 bogs at WOT

R
Nov 2, 2012
I have a 16 m8000 with 925 bb, full jaws exhaust, boondockers FC. I installed everything RK TEK recommended for this build.
I had a problem of it shutting down once warmed up. I fixed that by replacing wiring harness. Now it's hard to start when cold and bogs when I try to pin it, it bogs. If I know im going to need the power I can play with throttle "kinda of flick it back and forth until it catches and if I keep it reved it gives me the power or open power valves. Sorry if i'm confusing anyone with explanation. Has lots of oil around pistons . I pulled reeds they look new and are all sealing properly. Oil is puddled around piston. Plus I have alot of oil in my airbox. My exhaust gasket is leaking to and I have oil all over engine. I went to order another from Jaws but I'd have to pay 10 bucks for donut and 50 for some sort of customs fee. I put the recommended fuel numbers given by RKTEK in FC. I'm thinking the hard cold starts have to do with all the oil. Could it be my FC is just to rich? Do numbers go down to lean? Thanks for any help guys. I've been banging on this sled for 2 years.

IMG_4883.JPG

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Thanks, I already disconnected it.
I recommend to do a couple hundred feet grass ride and return to truck. Disconnect fuel controller. Repeat the grass ride. If it doesn’t bog, then it’s a fuel controller issue. Don’t go wfo tho. U might need the extra fuel for the monster bb! Keep the forum updated on progress! Good luck. These situations suck when ya do a buncha things and it still doesn’t work. Keep calm and covid on!

Last edited:
R
Nov 2, 2012
I recommend to do a couple hundred feet grass ride and return to truck. Disconnect fuel controller. Repeat the grass ride. If it doesn’t bog, then it’s a fuel controller issue. Don’t go wfo tho. U might need the extra fuel for the monster bb! Keep the forum updated on progress! Good luck. These situations suck when ya do a buncha things and it still doesn’t work. Keep calm and covid on!
I hung sled up and disconnected FC and the response was instant and powerful. The bog was gone. Seemed to run like it should. So issue must be with the FC, I was told by RKtek that I needed the FC with this setup. I have all the numbers in that RK gave me to start with. I downloaded the instructions but some of the stuff is over my head. There are other settings im not sure about like tps values min/max?? rpm Cy/Cap Mode? Is there a tutorial video anywhere that explains this stuff? I emailed boonDockers Performance a few times but never have gotten a reply.

R
Nov 2, 2012
I dropped all the numbers down by about 4-5 in 1 increments . It's the same a bog at wot. I didn't notice any difference. Other than egt number were going down around 7-800's. When I took FC off and ran it with the harness fuel inj only plugged in it ran great tons of power.

R
Nov 2, 2012
Well finished up today and the culprit was the fuel controller box. Looking at the back it is cracked and loose all around back case. Don't know how that happened but it looks like it got smashed.

M
Mar 18, 2011
Manitoba
Careful, that big bore will need fuel, not a lot with stock exhaust. Forsure 91oct & added around apv activation & top end. Rktek stuff is good as stock once tuned.

Premium Features