• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 M8000 Sno Pro 162 Rear Suspension “slack”

P
Dec 13, 2022
Colorado
I am having issues with a 2015 M8000 162 Sno Pro Limited. It has a fox float 3 shock on the rear suspension. If I lift up the tunnel it very easily raises about 4 inches (measured at rear tunnel bumper/handle). When I let go the tunnel just drops right back down 4 inches. I checked psi on the shock and it is measuring 160 psi. Pictures attached, but I couldn’t upload the video.
Could this be an issue with the Fox Float shock, or something entirely else?30E01F56-59E6-4F07-A8A2-B766AAC5DB9B.jpeg

86971DC0-E9C6-41E9-8EA4-DFCE3594CDE8.jpeg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
With that much pressure in the shock it shouldn't have any issues holding the rear all the way up. Two things come to mind:
1. The air sleeve is dirty and gummed up and needs service. If the wiper seal can't "breathe" it can hold pressure and act as a reverse spring trying to help compress the shock.
2. The bushings in the non-greasable pivots are rusted and sticking. These would be the ends of the pull rod and shock bushings.

P
Dec 13, 2022
Colorado
I think I fixed this, but will keep checking on it over the next few days. All I did was lift the tunell so there was not pressure on the shock. Released all of the air out of the shock, and then filled it back up to 180 psi. Day 1 was workign flawlessly. I wonder if someone filled it up without lifting the track at one point and this created a vaccum that was almost pulling the shock down instead of pushing it out? I was quite surprised this fixed it, but I will send an update after my first ride this year to see if it holds.

R
That is one thing with the Fox floats, when adding air and removing air, the back end or front end HAS to be off of the ground. Or it will not be accurate.
And while your at it, check the schrader valve for tightness.
I have also had a brand new air pump, read wrong too, way out to lunch...so beware.

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I am having issues with a 2015 M8000 162 Sno Pro Limited. It has a fox float 3 shock on the rear suspension. If I lift up the tunnel it very easily raises about 4 inches (measured at rear tunnel bumper/handle). When I let go the tunnel just drops right back down 4 inches. I checked psi on the shock and it is measuring 160 psi. Pictures attached, but I couldn’t upload the video.
Could this be an issue with the Fox Float shock, or something entirely else?View attachment 397115
I just noticed that the OP has wheels under the skis in this picture. That will absolutely make the rear sag easy even if the pressure is correct and shock is functioning properly!

Premium Features