• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 PRO RMK 800 BD turbo clutching and tuning

I got this sled last year and it was my first turbo so I rode it and kinda ignored some issues this year I'm trying to work on them

Sled is 2014 pro rmk with intercooled BD turbo, working on tuning and setting it up for 6psi then I may turn it up to 8.

Firstly it was only revving to 7950 rpm so I dropped the weight from 10-70 down to 10-68, increased up to about 8100 so I got BD adjustable weights and dropped down to about 66g. Now I am getting up to about 8300 rpm.

My engagement has been at 4500, had a white or almond spring so I replaced with almond (165/327) in case it was worn out no change. I swapped to a blue/pink (140/340) and it only dropped to 43-4400. So I am thinking of trying a 120/340 spring.

Sled has a pretty bad bog when I first get onto it. If you kinda blip the throttle a few times and then gun it it's usually fine but if you try to just gun it it bogs real bad and won't stop till you let off, I think this may be a fueling problem so I am looking at getting an a/f ratio guage to try to tune.

Premium Features