• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014/15 Alpine Snow Conditions Rockin' M Ranch

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Still some soft stuff to be found, but we need another storm to come through pretty badly. Rode in Alpine area on Saturday and Wednesday. Latest edit.

http://youtu.be/z-CKXQjvH_4

Thanks for your post. Nothing shows the conditions better than a video of it. Sure it isn't deep powder, but it is still worth riding. Snowing pretty good today, this should help out a bit.

S
Nov 26, 2007
washington
Got back Saturday from Rockin M---1st time there and it won't be the last! What great people! It dumped pretty good at Smith's Fork Thursday and Friday. Had a fantastic week of riding and it was definitely worth the 900 mile trip each way---I would go back tomorrow if I had the time off.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Oh yeah! The Rockin M is very nice! They call them cabins. Ha Ha Ha. I wish I had a cabin that nice! But I will say the TV was outdated last year when we were there. :face-icon-small-hap
Yes I know, this will change. :)

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
LOL!:face-icon-small-hap
Other wise known as a boob tube.

Funny you guys say that, "we just updated all of the cabins with flat screen T.V's last month"
March 3rd, 2015
1-2" in the Valley last night depending on where you are. Snowtels are showing about 7" new up high, although my renters got back from Blind Bull and claimed it was closer to 10-12" of new. Said it was great.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Renters staying here at the cabins said they rode Willow Yesterday, 18" of new up top, with a blue sky day. One of those days you dream about!!

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I rode strawberry yesterday. It was awesome. 8" to 1.5 feet of new snow. Many north slopes the wind has blown excess snow into these areas and made many slopes in the trees a challenge to climb. Very little sign of slides. I saw a few small sluffs. I also rode the Greys today for the first ten miles. The trail had one bare spot about ten feet long. The first seven miles are starting to get icy. The weather is supposed to get warm next week. Unless something really changes, I think the Greys River trail has two or three weeks left in it. Anything over 8000 has plenty of time left so long as we can get into it. Most years we are having our last rides in late May. This year it may be a few weeks earlier than usual. This is Wyoming, winter can come again anytime!!

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Very frustrating. We planned to be out there last week, but put it on hold until we see more pow. We've got several spots that I know would have decent snow, but it's next to impossible to get up there. Never seen it this bad. We'll be hittin' the road at the first sign of some decent pow.

Pray for snow...

Rockin' M, thanks for your snow reports. They help a ton.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
March 12, 2015
I have been out a couple of times the last few days. It is pretty much spring riding at this point. There is plenty of base up high if we happen to pick up a good spring snow storm. It is getting pretty crusty at all elevations, not much soft snow to be found. The Greys River trail should hold up through the next 5-7 days, after that it is questionable, small dirt spots are starting to show. They spread pretty quick with sun.

rockinmranch

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
March 21, 2015
Greys River trail: You can go over Squaw to avoid about 500 plus yards of dirt at mile 5. Dirt patches are growing fast. I am done renting after this weekend. Salt River pass should hold on a little longer due to higher elevation. Willow and strawberry are crusty and rotten. It has not been getting cold enough at night to refreeze the previous days damage. The base is falling out of the snow. I think that there is enough base up high that if we get some cold spring storms we may get a few good days up high, but for now, it pretty well sucks.

Wyorever

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW, WY
Yep, it's pretty bad. Rode up there yesterday. I hear rumors of a storm coming thru this week?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Yep, it's pretty bad. Rode up there yesterday. I hear rumors of a storm coming thru this week?

Sounds like around a foot of fresh up high over the next couple days. Sure hope so, Would like to ride a few more days in fresh snow. Eric

Premium Features