• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Rmk 800 ran great for 100 miles , then cut out and would miss at all throttle ranges . Starts and idle great until acceleration

K
Jan 16, 2022
michigan
So this is another issue i got now. The machine ripped for most of the day then all of a sudden it started cutting out . It will start up and idle like it should. When it was cold warming up it would seem to not miss. took it out and it would start missing and would back fire once in awile. I replaced the plug ends with new boots. i ohmed out the coils and each one checked out per book spec. I had an extra cdi and no change. I was trying to get it back to the hotel and it would try and hit on both cylinders if like it was getting intermittent spark. It has a new stator in it and a new ac regulator. TPS is adjusted right on the money. I got a new fuel pump and regulator on order and a new fuel filter. Just thinking of other problems it could be . Gonna go thru it tommorrow and check everything out again. Not sure if the exhaust vapor solenoid would cause this but gonna check it out . got another trip coming quick and tired of fixing **** on the trail. It is not throwing any codes . I found the wide open throttle switch causing the issue before and fixed that and now this happened . lol Thanks for the Help!

S
Probably shouldn't be posting here considering my limited knowledge, but I felt kinda bad that nobody replied to you. (I know how it feels)

Did you do a compression test? I have no idea if that would be the problem, but I've heard that that year (and the 12s) had trouble with the cylinders scoring. And it seems to be one of the only things you haven't tried so I figured I'd ask.

Anyway hope you get it figured out.
Happy valentine's day.

Premium Features