• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 SP 153 Limited $3800 - Whole Sled, Not Parts

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
2010 M8 SP 153 Ltd $3800 - Whole Sled, Not Parts-SOLD

SOLD,,,,,,,,Firstly, my plan was to get it in tip top shape over the summer to sell this fall. Well, that didn’t happen. And likely with how I like to play and have so many friggen things to play with it doesn’t leave much time for getting things in tip top shape. So,,,, that means I’m going to throw it on here and sell it as is. Baahhhh I just don’t know, it’ll probably just sit in my garage all winter and take up space other than selling parts off it on snowest then it’ll have nothing on it anyway after it gets stripped.

Here’s the list of goodies on it.

- extra brand new front fox shock.
- Fastlane chromoly lightweight steering post with built in rise (have snapped 3 of the factory adjustable posts, this thing is bulletproof)
- Dalton Adjustable clutch weights
- Fastlane aluminum 9” rear wheels
- Think its a Cutler helix, 40/36
- New sliders
- AMP gauge cage
- BD lightweight chromoly upper and lower A-arms with new bushings last year and one side is new a-arms last year
- New last year primary
- New last year secondary
- Lightweight driveshaft
- Lightweight brake rotor
- Titanium bolt kit on front suspension
- RK Tek billet pump gas head bought in February
- A bajillion extra clutch belts of various use
- Boondocker box
- Jaws twin pipes and cans
- Skinz airframe running boards (they shed snow like mad and grip like a fat kid holding a box of chocolates)
- Special cracked hood with white Frankenstitch zip tie on flat black painted hood, crack on left side about 6" long
- Frogskinz vent covers
- One new piston rebuild kit and base gaskets (will explain below why only one)
- Spare diamond drive oil and flush, I flush and replace oil beginning, middle and end of season.
- New top end beginning of last season
- Sled parked as of March
- I can confirm but it is around 2500 miles on sled

When I put the RK Tek head on this machine Kelsey (owner of RK Tek) gave me the fuel numbers to add at each rpm on my boondocker box so I could run pump gas instead of a roughly 10% mix of race fuel I had previously been doing. I added the numbers, was going up the trail, sled stopped. Within 10 seconds of sled stopping I pulled the starter cord slowly just to feel if anything was seized up. It pulled fine. I then pulled to start and it fired right up. Being worried because I had just put the head on I pulled the pipes off to look at pistons/cylinders. One piston had some scuffing (the pistons were fresh top end at beginning of season) but couldn’t see anything major through the exhaust hole or feel anything bad. I then bumped the fuel up huge on the boondocker box at every rpm (Kelsey only said it would need fuel at the mid/high rpms). I fired it up and the sled ran like a raped ape for every ride I did after that. This is why I bought the extra top end kit to replace the one piston and hone out the cylinder. Maybe a month of riding later out in Lost Johnny, the sled just died at the beginning of the day up on the basin. Couldn’t get any spark out of it. Towed it out, then next morning bought the 2013 Pro RMK that I have now and have ridden since. THEN,,,, to say to me that buying a Polaris and giving up on the ole girl was blasphemy the sled fired up in my garage the next evening!!!!!! A buddy used used it one day when he was out in March, it was working friggen great all day. Then later in the day it was intermittently running, would run for maybe 5 minutes or maybe 30 minutes, then die with no spark. So it has some sort of short happening in the wiring that needs to be fixed. The previous season it died with no spark as well and had to be towed out. This turned out to be a crack in the boondocker box wiring harness where it plugs into one of the injectors right under the very hot pipes. I’m actually suspecting that this may be the culprit here as well again. Think the harness was maybe $180ish. If I get ambitious and buy another harness and she works I'll post it up here again at a different price.

I have my bill of sale and previous owners washington registration (he rode it about 350 miles) but have not titled it in MT yet. Not sure if it matters of if it makes things any easier but I coould MT title it before I sell if it makes any differencefor someone. Could be an ultra cheap fix if it’s just the boondocker box harness but some time chasing wires with a voltmeter could still make it pretty easy and a super cheap rippen sled.

I pretty much exclusively ride the timber so it has seen its fair share of tree limbs and pine needles in every orifice the sled has to offer. It's been a great machine in the time I've owned it and with some lovin will make a new owner grin from ear to ear.

Whats just friggen awesome is that I take a million pics of my sleds,,, but I cant find a pic of this one so I think the pics are on a seperate drive that I started this year to make things "easier to find", very similar to putting your keys in a place you'll remember. I will find them, or else I'll take some in a week when I head to my cabin where the sled is. For the time being here is a video I made where you can see the sled doing its thing (black with black tunnel, green sticker above gauges and no windshield), unfortunately I also have some vid on here after I picked up the poo.

http://vimeo.com/61348941

Thanks for looking. Sled is in NW MT

Brent

found a couple pics before I put the fastlane post and the skinz boards on the sled.

Last edited:

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
Thx madmax, I'd sell it to you in a second if you were closer.

Added a couple pics before the fastlane post and the skinz boards. It appears I take more video than pictures these days.

Premium Features