• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 RMK 700 wont idle after storage!!!

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
I pulled my 2000 RMK 700 out of summer storage today, and it doesnt stand a chance at idling once it's started. I start it by dumping mixed gas into the cylinders, which fires up instantly, but it roars up to about 3000RMPS and just dies (almost as if its not getting gas flow).

We've been religious about putting stabilizer in the tank and running gas out of the carbs. But it probably doesn't help that my dad (previous owner) never did any maintenance or cleaning of the carbs in its 10 years he had it.

Any solutions?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
main jet/pilot jet etc..have small pins for unplugging residue..as well look for cracked carb boots..

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
Start with a carb clean and replace the pilots and mains. This would be a good time to drop 2 sizes on the mains as they are jetted pig rich from the factory. Unless you like to ride when it is -20 to -30 degrees.

Next look at the carb boots, they tear over time by the oil injection lines.

Finally replace the float needles in both carbs and also the water trap hoses on the bottom of the carbs. The hoses deteriorate from the inside and this causes little bits of rubber to get into the carbs partially blocking the float needles.

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
alright guys, ive gotten much farther in narrowing it down, and ive now focused on the gas tank line itself. The carbs and jets were spotless, i replaced the drainage lines and the gas lines while i was in there (due to gas not getting suction) and still nothing changes.

I probably did a bad job of explaining it, but as it turns out, this guy explains exactly whats going on in my camp. he even has the same exact sled as me: http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/128212-fuel-from-tank
(i know its a snowmobile fanatics post, but its the exact problem i have)

I
Jul 26, 2010
Rogers, MN
Just in case anyone wanted to know what happened, the gas line in the tank snapped off from being too brittle, so it wasnt picking up any fuel. Replaced it and now it runs just as great as it did last winter!

F
Nov 20, 2012
If pilot jets don't solve it, it could also be your ACCS... It would be odd that it broke during storage but I have 2000 700 and when my ACCS broke it wouldn't idle at all. I ended up just taking it off and re-jetting mine. If you end up pulling it off send me a message and I can give you what jets I ended up figuring out after a lot of trial and error to save you some time.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
It would be odd that it broke during storage but I have 2000 700 and when my

With Ethanol fuels, the lines in the tanks are rotting in the older sleds. Especially if you do not store them with a full tank of fuel. If the line is exposed to air, it actually rots faster than if it was submersed in fuel.

I just replaced the tank line in my sons 99 Indy 340. I bought it used. My 00' 700and my wifes 00' SS 550 tank lines are still good.

I store my sleds full of fuel...

Premium Features