• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

165 RMK Boost not playful enough, suggestions

N
Dec 24, 2013
For those of you cranking your FTS, are you going past the Minimum length that the manual says. I only got 5 turns from pretty well fully loose and now I am at the minimum length. Question #2 - could you run a khaos limiter strap on stock shock? Would it do anything? Thanks

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Fully agree. Although getting shocks right now is like getting people awake from their woke status. Good luck. My favorite is the Khaos shocks and limiter on a Pro. Or a Pro limiter on a Khaos sled if sled has Khaos rail profile.

Carls has a very good revalve on the Velocities.

I stand by the Dragon to Pro chassis comparison. This sled requires much different shocks settings on the Danforth compared to Axys. We cranked up FTS back then too.

Hmmm
on the dan what? i have to run mine stock for a min but i have some ezryde science projects to play with. its interesting to me all the spindle and track games being played. I would say, most people will never need more than what these sleds come with stock. BUT HEY we all know why we are here... lol

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
Why is everyone so scared to move all their shock settings?

I've never seen 1 come out of the factory with the springs set anywhere specific. They just toss a little preload and figure the rider will adjust it.

It's suspension, not going to kill you too play with it and figure out what you need.

Then again, why buy a pro and complain it's not playful? It's like buying a kaos and complaining it's pulling the skis.
for sure. if you think every shock spring is the same.... you have never had high quality multirate matched set. anyone have hygear working on spring upgrades?

C

Clarke673

Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
I’ve noticed the front end of mine seems to squat a bit more than previous axys models, the a-arms seem to rest at a much flatter angle. I’m not sure if it’s the added weight with the turbo & e-start but I’m going to try putting more preload on my front shocks to see if it helps keep the front in a higher position which in theory should help… will report back.

I agree with what others have said about cranking the FTS, I felt a definite improvement even with small adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YEP. exactly. You want to ride around wheeliecity all day just hop on a skidoo summit. Got to touch the skis if you want to turn. The more the track digs instead of drives the more you get stuck. Surprised ice age don't make rails with the rear taper like the IQ chassis rmk's had. Bit of a fad bit not... Im more utilitarian these days on my set ups but it IS all about having FUN

Y
Jan 4, 2009
I had a extra Axys Kahos limiter strap. Put it in my boost and it worked perfect. The velocity shock in the pro is long enough it seem the difference in straps is maybe 3/8 to 1/2 the rails and anti stab also work fine. This mod added just enough lift.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I had a extra Axys Kahos limiter strap. Put it in my boost and it worked perfect. The velocity shock in the pro is long enough it seem the difference in straps is maybe 3/8 to 1/2 the rails and anti stab also work fine. This mod added just enough lift.

Wait a second. I can only surmise from your report that you are saying you suffer from LSD flashbacks also? A Khaos limiter on a Pro? Seems like I recall some other forum idiot who said the same thing. I call fake news.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
on the dan what? i have to run mine stock for a min but i have some ezryde science projects to play with. its interesting to me all the spindle and track games being played. I would say, most people will never need more than what these sleds come with stock. BUT HEY we all know why we are here... lol

The proper pronoun for the Matrix is the Danforth. It accurately describes what our forum experts determined with their accounts and ride reports: that it was nothing but a boat anchor.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Are you trying to be funny or straight up insulting me?

Sorry kiddo. You might be a bit late to this party. I was referring to myself as the forum idiot while straining my shoulder patting myself on my own back. I have been making the same recommendation that you confirmed works for a while. Even on the previous, and much better Axys chassis.

Navigating through these difficult times of woke people, pronouns, and trust fund kids that spout off complete garbage on a forum and proving they possess the intelligence levels of a plant can be tricky. They would be embarrassed if they had the mental capacity to comprehend their shortcomings. But we don’t have to worry about that.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Sorry kiddo. You might be a bit late to this party. I was referring to myself as the forum idiot while straining my shoulder patting myself on my own back. I have been making the same recommendation that you confirmed works for a while. Even on the previous, and much better Axys chassis.

Navigating through these difficult times of woke people, pronouns, and trust fund kids that spout off complete garbage on a forum and proving they possess the intelligence levels of a plant can be tricky. They would be embarrassed if they had the mental capacity to comprehend their shortcomings. But we don’t have to worry about that.
Yeah because insuating that you did/do drugs on a public forum is cool and gets you major style points. Have you ever thought that if you didn't spend your adolescent years doing drugs and instead started a business on your own, you wouldn't be calling self-made successful people trustfund kids because you didn't try to do it yourself? Get woke buddy ?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Yeah because insuating that you did/do drugs on a public forum is cool and gets you major style points. Have you ever thought that if you didn't spend your adolescent years doing drugs and instead started a business on your own, you wouldn't be calling self-made successful people trustfund kids because you didn't try to do it yourself? Get woke buddy ?

Chilly, relax and put on a coat. Read a manual and pay attention to your sled. Your thin skin and baseless assumptions are staring to show.

Premium Features