• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rename Our Forum to "One Ski"

Change the name of our forum to "One Ski"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
S
Nov 27, 2007
I have proposed to the Webmasters that our name be changed to include all one-ski rigs. I hope the Hawk fanatics are able to see the value of having the other one-ski riders included, not just because they have front forks, too, but because we all approach the sidehill in the same fashion. Its about the ride on a one-ski, fellas, not just the brands. I don't want to splinter our group further by suggesting a conversion forum. It would fragment much of the spirited discussion that we(I) enjoy to participate in. With new Hawks on "special order only" status and the various conversion kits in stock and ready to deliver, I want to keep our Snowest home current with our market and inviting to new members that join us today. I don't want to see more of those threads in OTHER titled "any other conversion kit riders here?" Lets welcome them(new one-skiers) to the home we all now enjoy and craved when when there was no Hawk brand forum.

Feedback, discussion, banter, yelling and screaming??

If the Moderator, that got my message and takes these actions, could post here regarding this please?

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
I think not!

After four years of persistance the Hawk earned its place.

I think it's time the conversions to quit piggybacking and putt the effort towards other, toot their own horns like we did their time will come.

Since the Hawk's future is unknown I would prefer to keep our topics forefront so folks don't have to dig too deep.:(

S
Nov 27, 2007
I respect and support our dedication to the brand and don't want to detract from further "hawkification" of the general population. However, this is the natural place for all one ski discussion to occur. "birds of a feather..." and all that.

To let you can claim the glory for starting it all is reasonable, Tony, just don't get exclusive like the RXT guys, there ain't enough of us to go around...;)

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Other Hawk owners have complained to me before.

Not that I was a deciding force, but in the beginning the complaint was that most imput was merely a pitch, it is slowly changing.

The Oneski is here to stay, but sticking too the coop won't draw the predators/converts, exposure should be every were.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/01/slidescooter-taking-the-piste.html

Changing a name is wasted effort.

Last edited:
B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
if...

if its gonna change its gonna have to be AD BOIVIN, then another for 2 moto and so on.... i think its about manufactures, cat, doo, poo, yami. if its gonna be "1 ski", then they will have to change the other big four into "two ski". aint gonna happen....just my opinion

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
m2c

The hawk forum was a helpfull place to be and still is. Since the battle of the conversions there is alot of trash talk like a 2ski forum. Keep it a peaceful place and all are welcome..

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
Three years ago I lobbied for three months to get the Snow Hawk forum started.

I strongly agree that there is a place for everyone. But I came from the internet world and did marketing for them. It would be much more beneficial for all involved if the forums went as follows.

Snow Hawk
Conversion Kits

By lumping the kits in with the Hawk it makes a convoluted conversations for all. The Hawk is unique in the world and therefore requires a unique conversations.
The conversion kits will blossom and grow and the hawk will also even though the manufacturing end has died we have seen a huge growth in the last year with riders and people getting on the forum.
So people looking for kit questions should be able to simply sort their forum quickly just like the Hawk riders.
By simply stating one ski riders are the same is like saying that all two ski riders are the same they are not. Similar but not the same.
So give each type of machine their own credibility and demand from the webmasters that the Hawk forum stay pure and that this new type or rider also get credibility with their own forum.
Most people don't scroll to the second page to read even what is going on right now, and by giving each their own forum it will allow even more people to become part of the process and therefore all will grow.

Thanks,,
Tammy

P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
I love my Hawk make no mistake, yet unless these things can reproduce there are going the way of the siberian Tiger. Go to Vegas or see it in a move, but not in the wild. Unfortunatly to keep the Idea alive all one ski's should be recognized. The power is in the numbers, keep it together with a name that all inclusive

C
Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Call me old fashioned but...

I think it should stay Snowhawk. I have no problem with the conversion folks talking shop on the hawk forum. Most of it is good reading. There is another forum for "other" if the conversion folks want to stray from the pack. As for strength in numbers. Look how much the forum has grown in the last several months, and 90% of it is new hawk owners or previous hawk owners new to the forum. The Snowhawk is here to stay, it just might take a few years until one of the big manufactures pick up the pieces.

My 2 cents,

Chris

Last edited:
H
Dec 23, 2007
I have to agree trying to name all one skiis together is a little farther off than trying to stick different brands of sleds together even though they both have one ski all of your technical data is totaly different so as the bike conversions grow i think it will eventually become more frusterating for every one trying to sort thru for their specific needs or wants because they will have to sort thru pages of info with so many on one forum so eventually I think it would be cool to have another forum for the bike kits just to help keep the " helping aspect " easy and simple for everyone ! just my two cents

Dec 4, 2007
pa
ha

ha ha i even voted no,,,,, snow hawks are the greatest snow machine on the planet! they deserve to stay!

but numbers will grow for one ski, just takes time, and i know the explorer is in it for the long haul, so stay tuned!!!

mike

P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
Cwh no one buys one because they looked it up at the SnowHawk forum. Just because this forum has grown really means nothing. There are as many Hawks out there as there are going to be, Snowhawk owners are a unique breed ( or a better Breed) but a small market. I cant see any corprate invester saying lets build this obscure Snow machine that died out in the 2000 's. Plus even if they did would they realy call it SnowHawk. One Ski is a much more genral term. Listen Im not sold that the convertions comes even close to a hawk. but I would rather support somthing that could become like a Hawk. Dim witted sleders are not going to Change there minds, either these guys drink beer or go strait up hill, they have no imagination, Yet I can convince a bike ridder he can ride in the snow for $4000.00 and not have to pay:rolleyes: $15,000
And once they get bord with the conversion they will want to ride something more like a Hawk. Then you will see somone build whatever they whant to call it , but not until there is a market. Right now the SnowHawk forum is
.000somthing % of viewers. when it becomes more than that will a corp. take it seriously

can ride cant spell

Last edited:
P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
I spent alot of time and some money with snowhawkaddict helping promote SnowHawk. It was alot of fun ( because snowhawkaddict is alot of fun). I also stirred up alot of sh#@ on the genral forum on Snowest, to let them no were here. AD wasnt much help and the majority of sledders, I wont say. AD obviously made a change because of the $$. No motor no frame. less overhead and more product sold. It's great that there are people acknoleging they wont a Hawk but to tittle to late. Plus who wantsto pay Retail. I did'nt

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
Who wants to pay retail

Not me either, I bought a used one and spent half of what a new one cost in 05'. On the other hand even if the Hawk did not exist and I was still riding a twoski I would not buy a new one. I would buy a two year old machine and still pay half of new price. Motorsports products depreiciate two fast and I don't make enough money to afford more than $5000.00 on a toy.

P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
Im not trying to dump on our sport but I want the next geration, Its got to evolve. As it stand right now 2moto and AD are the only ones with vision. If they make a snowbike with a SnowHawk clutch I would help the industry and pay retail. but they better have better cusomer service than AD. That was 3/4 there problem with the Hawk. pay big buck and olny use get 1/2 the horses.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
IMHO, the SnowHawk IS the next generation over a conversion kit. The hawk was ahead of its time, the conversion kits should have evolved into a Snowhawk. But then again maybe at hawkfest someone on a conversion will change my mind and I'll go get an 09 kx450f next fall from some racer thats selling cheap and buy my own conversion kit. I don't think so but we'll see.

P
Dec 5, 2007
Colville WA
i agree but its got to get better some way some how. somthing lighter like a bike. been riden bikes since I was 8. now that I ride all year long my back doesnt get a rest. Getting old at 35 sucks!

C
Dec 10, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
A D has vision? No, 2Moto has vision. A D is blindly following in the conversion market. They are talented engineers no doubt. If they really had vision the original hawk would still be available and not in "give me 20K and I'll build you any sled that doesn't cost me more than 5K to build" form.

Back to the original topic of this thread, keep it Snowhawk. I frequent the other forums when I'm curious about the other brands.

Sorry about the rant, been a long day at work after an extended vacation.

Chris

Premium Features