• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 films- Read.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Noticed This Tom. I also Got ur letter about Blu-ray. Where is the Video dude? I mean We Paid 20$ More for it. Im sure your a man of your word. and your trying to get them sent out. But a Few Pms would keep these ppl happy. Just Wondering......

#1 Today, 11:29 AM
redsnake3
Member Join Date: Nov 2007

509FILMS bad business

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey everyone, is anyone else having any problems with 509films? i talked a friend into ordering a set of goggles and there bluray a couple months ago because i have there goggles and had nothing but good dealings with them, so he ordered the stuff and about a month later received the goggles with a dvd saying that the bluray wasnt available yet. sounds good but now its 3 months later and he still hasnt received the bluray and both he and I have sent about 10 emails with no response from them at all. imo this is HORRIBLE business ethics, i was gonna order some new goggles and lens but am holding off now to see if anything is gonna be done by them, looks like im gonna have to buy some new goggles from someone who answers there customers and actually send what was paid for. am i alone here? i know they are a site sponsor and frequent the site so im hoping maybe this public display will get some answers.

redsnake3
View Public Profile
Send a private message to redsnake3
Find all posts by redsnake3
Add redsnake3 to Your Contacts

#2 Today, 04:52 PM
turbopwr05
Member Join Date: Nov 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talk or PM 03rmking he will get you fixed up.

2005 dodge w/ superphatshaft 62, stacked chips, afe intake, 5" turbo back, southbend clutch.

Turbo lag is a complimentary head start!!!!

turbopwr05
View Public Profile
Send a private message to turbopwr05
Send email to turbopwr05
Find all posts by turbopwr05
Add turbopwr05 to Your Contacts

#3 Today, 04:56 PM
AKCoop
Member Join Date: Dec 2007

Still waiting for my Blu-Ray too. Got the comp. dvd to hold me over, but that was in Sept. Guess there are more people having the same issue.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
LBM50736.jpg

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Here's the deal with blu-ray. It's a joke for a small business/film maker such as myself to have them made 'legally'. I've been at this for months and it's a very slow and daunting process. It's not like a DVD where you just call up any of thousands of replications companies, cut them a check for a few grand and have a stack of replicated DVDs at your door step in a few weeks. Blu-ray is governed by an organization called AACS (Advanced Access Content System). This is a coalition of large corps who've invested in Blu-ray. AACS's purported mission is to protect the film maker from Blu-ray bootlegging. This is a false front. The AACS's content protection method has already been hacked. Yet, I am still REQUIRED to purchase a AACS license in order to produce blu-rays. To the tune of $3000. It doesn't stop there. There are license fees for numerous other things including using the Blu-ray logo, royalties per disc made, etc. So basically it can cost around $5000 before even one disc is produced. There is a reason no company in the industry has gone through the BR replication process by the books. Heck I haven't heard of any company in the action sports industry in general that has done it. AACS essentially squashes the 'little guy' and favors the big corps. Even still, 509 WILL be the first company to successfully replicate a blu-ray snowmobile title. And darn proud when it happens.

I don't have a date when this will happen unfortunately. It will be this winter and hopefully before too much longer. I have been shipping all Blu-ray orders a free DVD version as you mentioned. If you feel that hasn't been enough to compensate for the wait, I'll gladly issue a full refund and still ship your BR copy when they come in. Your call.

Not sure you wanted a back story on the dirty industry of BR replication, but there you have it. Merry Christmas :beer;

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
damn it's hard for Tom to get love....

come on guys if he is slow getting back to emails or pms, remember he Sleds too and he gets out and rides. Can't be checking his emails every 5 minutes.

Now if only Tom would send me my copy of Evolution that I haven't paid for yet:D

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I've ordered 2 sets of goggles, first arrived 4 days after I placed the order, the second pair in 3 days. And thats during xmas week....thanks Tom, really nice goggles BTW......:beer;

OH, it would be really nice if you would do a light Rose (vermilloin, sp.) tint lens,a smoke colored one would also be nice anyone know if one will fit the 509??

Last edited:
C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
I'd be annoyed if I wasn't responded to. If you own a business and have peoples money it is only fair to check your email/PMs and respond.

A

_AJ_

Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Baker
www.northwestglaciercruisers.com
Can't ask for a better answer than that. :beer;

Thanks Tom and 509 crew for being straight with everyone. It speaks volumes about what you guys are about. When you get this Blue Ray thing sorted out, your customers will be in for a treat.

Hey BottomFeeder - Patience my friend- Tom is doing what he can.

Merry Christmas

AJ:beer;

Hey guys for what its worth, I live here in spoko with tom, this last two weeks we have been w/o power, mail and garbage services. sometimes its all we can do to keep the house warm and the lights on. not an excuse just the facts.

PS, I have 0% dealings with 509 films, but have seen time and again what he does for the industry, my area and riders in general. we should all hope that every business has leadership that actually has an interest in our sport.

merry x-mas:beer;

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Tom is as honest a business person as anybody could hope to do business with. YES he should be more on the ball with answering E-Mails and PM's, especially when he has the customer's money but please folks, trust that you will be satislied with his service. I've seen him be late with a product before but after hearing what he's gone through to get the product from his supplier so he can ship it out to us, all is forgiven.

He's not Walmart. He can't afford to buy in huge bulk.

I bought every video he has put out and I ride with his goggles.
We all talk about spending our cash with the little guy or the local mom and pop place, well He's the "Little Guy" we should all be giving our support to.

When I ordered the latest video from him I actually got it 3 days before I even placed the order!

Okay, so that last part's not true :rolleyes: but I trust him completely.
So should you.

ronniehotdogg

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
xxxmodrods.com has been dealing with 509 films for over a year and have noting but great things to say for this company. **** happens, It just sucks when It happens to you. Be forgiving this is a small business trying to do new and great things for the sport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Tom is ALWAYS on top of things. Don't worry dude, if Tom says it, then it's true. :)

Premium Features