• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Redline oil VS Polaris VES Gold

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Pulled the exhaust valves from my 08 D8 with 1300 miles. Previous owner ran Redline since new. Found some carbon on valves, not bad though. However, on my last sled, 07 D7, I ran Poo oil since new, pulled the valves at 2100 miles and found no carbon. What's your opinion between these TWO oils? Am thinking of staying with Polaris oil, cost is the same, at my dealer.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
have ran nothing but redline full synthetic race oil my sleds for the past 4-5 years, have never found any carbon build up to speak of. best oil i have ever ran, and for $35 a gallon its cheap now compared to all the oem stuff anyways.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Been running amsoil Itereceptor for 5 years.. Never a problem and all have been turbos at 10-12psi

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Amsoil guys: I appreciate your opinion and love of your oil, but as my question states, I'm interested in only the two oils I mentioned in my question, and not wanting to start a debate on all the different oils out there. To be specific, has anyone seen excess carbon build upm with redline synthetic? Is there two grades of redline syn.?

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
Whats wrong with ams oil? I have never had a problem with it........

I have ran interceptor, but the dominator I've been told does not have rust inhibitor. I am going off what I have been told by several engine builders. and indy dan is one of them.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
there is two grades of redline, there is regular redline and reline race, the price difference is minimal. i've never had any carbon build up with either, ran it it my mod'd 900, my dads psi 1155, and now in my turbo. 3 years on the 900, for years on the psi engine and zero issues to date

jcb

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2004
Where there is snow
Amsoil guys: I appreciate your opinion and love of your oil, but as my question states, I'm interested in only the two oils I mentioned in my question, and not wanting to start a debate on all the different oils out there. To be specific, has anyone seen excess carbon build upm with redline synthetic? Is there two grades of redline syn.?

I have run Red Line for the past three years with no build up. I will be using it in my Assault this year.

Seems to me that you cant find a bad oil out there, everybody has great luck with there oil that they chose to run....I personally run the polaris ves/gold or what ever they call it now in my trail/mt sled and ams in the race sled, my buddy redline in all of his sleds, and neither one of us have ever had any problems.....

Last edited:
T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
Here's a dumb question. Sorry!!
I'm thinking about switching from gold to redline only because we got a screaming deal on the redline. Do I have to empty the gold system completely or can I mix the two and keep going?
Thanx
-T

P
Nov 21, 2007
HAYDEN, IDAHO
Here's a dumb question. Sorry!!
I'm thinking about switching from gold to redline only because we got a screaming deal on the redline. Do I have to empty the gold system completely or can I mix the two and keep going?
Thanx
-T

Where did you find your screaming deal Treedog? Might be needing to stock up.

Thanks

S
Nov 27, 2007
Minneapolis,MN
To address the amsoil i had three stuck exhaust valves in less than 300 miles and one of them broke and fell into the engine causing seroius damage. Slp said they would not use amsoil to lube their door hinges and i agree! They say redline is the best and i swithced last year after the engine damage and have had no problems except there is no one in mn that sells the stuff and slp recemended running the racing oil and holy crap is the stuff expensive($70 a gallon). As far as switching slp also said they would run polaris ves before they would put in amsoil(they really hate the stuff). I think u won't have a problem running either but i would probably run the redline if u can get it easily and especially if u can get it cheaper! Just me and slp's 2 cents though.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Considering that one of the best, if not the best, Polaris mod sled guy out there recommends the use of Redline, that is what I use. He has tried many of the available oils on the market and prefers Redline. I have used it in my sleds, jet skis and dirt bikes for years with no problems whatsoever.

Fast_XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Polaris racing oil is made by redline. Last year it was $45/gal at the dealers. If you get a dealer discount, all the better.
Neil

Premium Features