• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shovel/Saw Gerry Can Bag

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Well i was getting pretty bored reading through all the great poll threads so i started a new thread of an idea ive had for a while. I wanted to start carrying a extra shovel and saw for quick access. To get the gerry off just unclip the two top buckles and everything folds forward. I had my pro sewing lady finish it. Turned out pretty slick ! Here it is:

Shovel-1.jpg

Shovel-5.jpg

Shovel-2.jpg

Shovel-3.jpg

Shovel-4.jpg

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Do want! ($$??)

On suggestion though. Double stitching around the perimeter, and back-stitch reinforcements at the corners and stress points; box-X stitching at the strap attachment points.

Very sharp concept!!!

Burr

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Luverne Mn
Very nice work. Nice to have one on sled also. Still keep one in the backpack to !!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
The seams are stitched 2 times, once inside and once outside. Finishes it off nice. All buckles/webbing are X'd and horizontally stitched. The material is a type of cordura with a rubberized back dual layered with a type of enzolyte foam interior. Should be strong and wear well ! I keep a shovel, probe, saw etc on my back at all times. Just nice to be able to get out a saw and shovel quick and dirty !

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Really nice idea. Could add that to any kind of pack, rack or can. I also keep a big shovel and big saw handy on the sled. I don't like to take my REAL avy shovel off my back or remove my avy bag to get at my avy shovel. Are you going to sell those?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
LoL, i always have a gerry. I usually burn 15 gals a day ha ha. No business, my seamstress is way too busy LOL ! I'm sure someone will copy it and make the money. Thats what usually happens on here lol ! :face-icon-small-sho

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Nice Idea. I also carry the extra larger shovel on the sled for quick access and that's a slick design!

yah i found it at 9000-10,000 ft WAY easier to dig and pack the snow around my sled with a shovel than stomping like i do at 5000 ft being i live at 1500ft... a tunnel shovel bag that easy to access without a huge tunnel bag attached to it would be nice for this, im not big into taking my avy pack off with all the aluminum buckles and if something slides my pack is off.

Premium Features