• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: SPG (Skinz Protective Gear) AirLoc ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT RUNNING BOARDS

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
I like the idea, but do you think the "adjustable" portion is necessary?

I would guess the majority of these will be put on at the 2" rise then never messed with again. wouldn't they? I mean no one would spend the money to put it back to stock height?

do like the idea, and I doubt the adjustablity added much to the price tag, just seems unlikely to be used...

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Have 3 buddies with the Airlok set up and it rocks. My sled will be getting them next year. The snow "mobility" and handling of the sled is much improved. They all run skinz suspension too, so that is a bit of it.

The comment I heard was if I had to choose between a turbo and the skinz suspension with the boards. I would take the suspension with the boards.

D
Nov 14, 2013
Wondering if someone has the install instructions for these boards they would be willing to send me? I would like to see what all is involved in the install?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
A guy I know, who is a Polaris dealer, posted this comment after he fitted a set on a PRO RMK earlier this winter; "looks awesome but judging by the amount of grinding and modding it took us to get them on the sled we suspect the boards were made to fit a Nytro"

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Any tall guys running these? I'm about 6'5" with boots on.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You will have to raise your bars 2 to 3 inches if you are that tall. I am 6' 1" and can ride it like it is but wouldn't mind it up 1 inch.

displacement4me

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Can anyone shed any light on the AirLoc part of it?

Is it used to shift height on the fly? Does it hold pressure when adjusted at desired height? What if it fails as either function? Is there a reason to believe the boards could fall from adjusted height mid-action?

I'm 5'4" / 130lbs :lol:

D
Nov 14, 2013
Can anyone shed any light on the AirLoc part of it?

Is it used to shift height on the fly? Does it hold pressure when adjusted at desired height? What if it fails as either function? Is there a reason to believe the boards could fall from adjusted height mid-action?

I'm 5'4" / 130lbs :lol:

Would be beneficial to you, raises you in the air and locks you in place ;)

The Air Loc just refers to being raised in the air and the boards being locked in place (adjustable.) No compressors, air valves, dampeners etc...

Seems the mountain sleds are shifting to raise COG of the sled, this will allow it to lay over easier with just shifting your weight. I really want to mod my pro out like the new Axys!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
The biggest problem with modifying your pro like the new Axys is drive shaft location. You can raise your ride height with boards and a Skinz front or longer shocks. It still is not done properly.

Watch some of the Skinz suspension school vids. Once you mess with ride heights, it totally changes the weight distribution of the sled. I learned this from a pretty smart buddy.

You really need to watch what you are doing if you mess with it.

D
Nov 14, 2013
The biggest problem with modifying your pro like the new Axys is drive shaft location. You can raise your ride height with boards and a Skinz front or longer shocks. It still is not done properly.

Watch some of the Skinz suspension school vids. Once you mess with ride heights, it totally changes the weight distribution of the sled. I learned this from a pretty smart buddy.

You really need to watch what you are doing if you mess with it.

Yes I figured the consensus would come out and say a drop and roll would be necessary to configure the pro like the axys. I wrote off my 12, so I am contemplating rebuilding it as such. Longer spindles, Lower rear skid mount bracket, raise the boards up 1"-2" and now to do it correct a drop and roll, though the drop and roll might be a deal breaker at $1k.

Premium Features