• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Deep Powder Bogs

kt19

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2011
Cheyenne, Wy
Finally got some deep powder this past weekend and when riding in it my wifes 12 600 Pro bogs down during riding like its not getting enough air. I have read several airbox mod threads but nothing definitive as to a solution for this. My buddies 12 800 does the same thing. Didn't have problems with my 13.

What are some possible solutions maybe airbox mods or aftermarket solutions that work? Not trying to gain power just keep it going in the deep pow.

Thanks

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Slp powder valves, there is another company that makes a less expensive product but I cannot remember the name.

An aftermarket intake vent might be enough though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Slp powervalves will solve it, I normally just install a 2" flowrite in the back side of the airbox with a piece of duct tape covering it for normal rides, then when in deep snow pull the tape off and ride.......on the shallower days, reinstall the tape.....

kt19

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2011
Cheyenne, Wy
Looks like the powder valves are the way to go anyone have a good or bad experience using these on the pro chassis?

D
Nov 14, 2013
I have in the past experienced powder bogs due to exhaust routing. This is something I have seen on the Pro. Sidehill on your throttle side and bog, sidehill on your brake side and no bog, the exhaust can't push the snow out of the way leading to the motor bogging. Tunnel Dump would be the only fix.

Last edited:
Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Mine bogs as well but only on a right hand power turn, left hand turn it never bogs. leads me to believe its not able to flow out the exhaust and causing the bog as said above.

kt19

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2011
Cheyenne, Wy
The powair looks good. And super cheap. Way worth a shot. I'm aware of exhaust blocking and that not what I'm seeing as it happens no matter which way sled is turning. Thanks for all the input

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
I have in the past experienced powder bogs due to exhaust routing. This is something I have seen on the Pro. Sidehill on your throttle side and bog, sidehill on your brake side and no bog, the exhaust can't push the snow out of the way leading to the motor bogging. Tunnel Dump would be the only fix.

Same experience here on 2 pros.... current one has 900 bb and bogs the same exact way.

Anyone done a tunnel dump and realized it fixed the problem?

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
A tunnel dump is definately NOT the only solution. If you build a deflector that creates a pocket in the snow just in front of the exhaust outlet you wont have the issue any more. And im not talking the cheesy thing polaris puts on there, i mean something that is actually going to do the job. Can be as simple as the pipe extending below the belly pan with an angle cut in the end so as to push snow around the end of the pipe, rather than up in it. Been riding alot of years, built a few sleds, and have never had to create a tunnel dump, side dump, or front dump exhaust.

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
I'd sure like to hear from other Pro owners who have been able to fix this problem... anyone who rides a Pro in deep snow on the exhaust side is definitely having the same issue....and I've yet to hear of a fix in 4 years.

Is a larger deflector available for purchase anywhere? ...anyone do this?

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
The problem is the exhaust gas coming in thru the can outlet and getting sucked up into the intake (at the foam connector under the hood). CO2 gas causes the bog because it kills combustion. Seal off the cracks around the can opening with some black Permatex and you WON'T have the problem (thanks to SLP for telling me about that trick). This is the ONLY cure no matter what deflector you run - been there, done that.

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The problem is the exhaust gas coming in thru the can outlet and getting sucked up into the intake (at the foam connector under the hood). CO2 gas causes the bog because it kills combustion. Seal off the cracks around the can opening with some black Permatex and you WON'T have the problem (thanks to SLP for telling me about that trick). This is the ONLY cure no matter what deflector you run - been there, done that.

Have FUN!

G MAN

^^^^^^

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown

Have FUN!

G MAN

Thanks G MAN

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho

Have FUN!

G MAN

Forgot about that tip, have had to do it before as well.

Premium Features