• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

W?E shock fell apart, common issue?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Depends in the beginning on your dealer, and their relationship with you and Poo. Unless there is a material problem, poo's gonna say that it's a wear item, and resulted from your 'abuse'. Worth a try.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It's worth asking for warranty (if it's comprehensive warranty....if just powertrain, obviously you're screwed).

I haven't had that specific issue....but I have replaced or rebuilt 3 of 4 shocks on the sled at ~2,000 miles. None from impacts/collisions, all just wore out. So I wouldn't say they're the most durable item in general.

P
Mar 23, 2013
Choiceland sask
Talk to W E. I had a shock that was hanging up internally and after dealer charged me to rebuild shock that had 300 miles on it I phone walker evens and they got back to me right away. I was impressed how quickly they "wanted" to deal with and get it fixed asap. Even sent me out a new one while they looked to figure out old one.

P
Jan 16, 2013
Bethel, Maine
I have had great luck dealing directly with walker as well. I had the clicker assembly fail on a SBA. It stripped out internally and wasn't repairable without replacing the whole clicker assembly. They sent one out free of charge. I never even bothered dealing with Polaris and the machine was only 2 months old.

P

prosledder

Nov 26, 2007
Boone, Iowa
Happened on my 11 assault two seasons ago. The bottom of the shaft pulled out from the threaded section. After looking I noticed I had a slightly tweaked bottom a arm that was causing the spring to hang up.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It looks like it would have made a "boy yoy yoy yoy yoing" sound when it let go.
I think if you repeated that sound to the dealer, he would instantly award you warranty coverage.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I lost the rear shock last year. The piston puck caught an edge and blew the casing. It was covered -$50.00 but it was a 12 with the 4 year warranty. Dealer said they had seen a few WE do this and bend shafts.

Premium Features