• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summer overhaul, opinions please!

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Sure!

I've got the skid in, really finishes the look. Problem is, apparently I blew out the rear track shock last year and bent the shaft, so it's a bit of a low rider currently. It's rideable, but I need to order a new shock. Just the parts alone in Canada for a rebuild are over $250, so I'm not gonna bother doing that.

I'm also working on my Rigid LED Dually D2 headlight install. These things are like looking into the sun! Crazy bright, even behind the Mountain Fit vented headlight delete. I will be posting another full thread on the install and wiring of them, for any interested parties.

IMG_1834.jpg IMG_1833.jpg IMG_1867.jpg IMG_1865.jpg IMG_1872.jpg

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Also, ViPec news:

I will start off with this: Bryce with Turbo Performance is the f*cking man. This guy lives and breathes this stuff, and is awesome at explaining everything. On the first night, he connected remotely through Team Viewer and ran me through all the basics. He set me up with a base map, and it was damn near spot on right off the bat. I took the beast out in the field after one last check and gave it a couple quick throttle burps to watch my AFR's and EGT, then let it rip.

It blows away my PCV tune I had last year, no doubt about it. I bounced off the rev limiter a couple times, so I will need to throw some more weight at the adjustable Daltons. We have a couple more tuning sessions lined up to finalize the 858 tune, then that's it. I will put on about 100 miles over the holidays to make sure everything is perfect, and then in Jan the turbo will go on.

I'm hearing great things about boosted 858's this season, so I'm soooo stoked to see what she will do! If you have any doubts at all about the performance and abilities of the Vipec, put them to rest and call Bryce. It's worth every penny.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
Nice...
What track shock is blown?
I seen one on kijiji here in Ontario....maybe you could swing a deal for 200 shipped to your location????

"Walker evans rear shock .50 miles on it. Came off a pro rmk 2013. 200$, , located in timmins"

F
Oct 19, 2011
Did you ever actually put the RMK overstructure on your SBA? I looks as if I would need the RMK steering post, and the plastics like you mentioned. Anything else?

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Did you ever actually put the RMK overstructure on your SBA? I looks as if I would need the RMK steering post, and the plastics like you mentioned. Anything else?

Nope, never bothered. Rode an RMK back to back with mine, and couldn't feel enough of a difference in the steering to justify it. Plus I actually like the wider SBA boards.

C

CDK

Sep 5, 2011
Well, had a hell of a season. The sled worked great, other than a couple issues I'm going to work on this summer. The worst one was an overheating issue on the trails, which I think is stemming from the tunnel extension with no added cooling at the back. I'm leaning towards adding another cooler in between the factory ones when I tear the sled down this summer for the turbo install.

Fun fact: I made it onto the photo of the week for the Weekly Digest on April 18th.

picture.php

Premium Features