• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Opinions on 2.6 Powerclaw for M-Series

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Just looking for feedback from those who have upgraded their track to the 2.6 on the M-Series. I was thinking about upgrading the 2.25 PC on my 10 M8 to the 2.6, saw a couple posts that seemed like it was a good mod.

Would probably be a pretty sweet setup along with those new narrow Alternative Impact a-arms!

-Stack

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It works killer on my 2011 162 way better than the 2.25

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Just looking for feedback from those who have upgraded their track to the 2.6 on the M-Series. I was thinking about upgrading the 2.25 PC on my 10 M8 to the 2.6, saw a couple posts that seemed like it was a good mod.

Would probably be a pretty sweet setup along with those new narrow Alternative Impact a-arms!

-Stack

Personally I think its the best thing I have done to my M. It feels like a whole new sled with the 2.6, I acutally was on the fence about buying a 2015 and selling my old M. I decided to keep my 09 for another year because of the fun factor with that new track. It really makes it a fun sled to ride and has a lot better grab than a 2.25 lug. I highly suggest upgrading, you will not be disappointed.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the 2.6PC is Awesome

it runs about $765 shipped, I went 1 step further and bought the 3" x162 for $915, and the 3" is Wicked

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
765 shipped is a good price, I see Country Cat has really bumped up their prices, about $800 plus shipping on the 2.6 in 153". When these came out they were selling for $689.00 plus shipping from Country Cat. I thought maybe with the 3" option the prices would come down, but not seeing that this far.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

-Stack

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I bought an 11 last year that had the 2.25. The plan was to get a new one this year. I did something stupid and tore the 2.25 so I decided to put the 2.6 on it. I only rode it 3x with that track but I decided it was going to be worth riding another season instead of a new sled. The 2.6 track definitely changed the ride for the better in all ways.

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
Like others have said, hands down the best mod that I have done to my 10
M8.. I was also thinking of getting rid of my old iron but after doing that track I think I will keep it at least another year.. You won't be disappointed I know that..

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
765 shipped is a good price, I see Country Cat has really bumped up their prices, about $800 plus shipping on the 2.6 in 153". When these came out they were selling for $689.00 plus shipping from Country Cat. I thought maybe with the 3" option the prices would come down, but not seeing that this far.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

-Stack

I got my track for 750 shipped. You might be able to find a good deal on one if someone is looking to dump the 2.6 for a 3" powerclaw.

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
Definitely enjoy the 2.6 I went to a 3" and Ive now swapped the 2.6 back in it's a better all around track when you have a mix of conditions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjcatman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Greenville Ca.
Track

I went from the 2.25 pc to the 2. on my 153 turbo M-8 and it was worlds of difference. Crazy good. Have not tried the 3" and wont. The 2.6 gets me places only mentally ill people should go.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
stack wtf Bro

I try to help u out and u give me negative rep. not cool at all.

nothing like biting the hand that feeds you, that crap makes me feel like , not helping out my fellow sled head because they will kick u in the nutz for no reason. Not a Happy Snowester thanks to u

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
He did find your post useful and give you a thank you. He Prob hit thumbs down button by accident, since thumbs up/down are the only ones that go into your control panel notifications and actually add to your "rep"... Big thumbs on phones can hit those little buttons wrong easily

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota

nothing like biting the hand that feeds you, that crap makes me feel like , not helping out my fellow sled head because they will kick u in the nutz for no reason. Not a Happy Snowester thanks to u

av8er, maybe he gave you a thumbs down since you're the only guy who puts half his post in the title block :face-icon-small-win

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Oh, and back to the topic... yes the 2.6 was the single best mod I did to my M8. And I have a ton of mods on it. Pretty much everything minus a turbo.

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
The 2.6 track sucks!! it throws so much crap it keeps ripping off my mud flap. After replacing two of them I decided to just leave it off. Now I don't have to worry about anyone passing me. LOL

Putting the 2.6 80 duro on my M1000 was by far the best thing I have done to it.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest

When are they going to make the iPhone bigger! Must of hit the thumbs down....oops... Haha, I will see if Christopher can do some adjustment on the post, please take note that a thank you was given in great appreciation of the link. No worries buddy!

Note: Also sent message to Christopher to see if we can get this fixed!

Stack

Last edited:

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
i'll be the one vote from a Midwesterner that I did not like the 2.6 on the M series. we ride mostly northern Ontario untracked bush roads, portages, lakes, and the odd trail run thrown in. if you run much trails at all, I would stick with the 2.25 PC.

I had the track on for one weekend, and it lifted the skis too much, trenched out, lost rpm, and poor fuel mileage, and just was too much track for our type of snow and riding. I played with the suspension, did the geo mod, asked for help here, received, and followed the help but, I prefer the 2.25".

I sold mine, and bought a new 2.25 PC.

if you were in the mountains, and just rode the deep fluff, it would be a great track, once set up for the M series. you have to ask yourself what type of riding do I mostly do, and set the sled up for that.

hope this helps.

Ski

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
OK -Stack

Thank You, I got my Drawers in a Bunch over nothing, for some reason I take negative Rep Personally. I try to be as Helpful and Informative as possible, and not talk trash unless it is slung in my Direction 1st. I'm on Snowest Alot.
I Love IT!!!

Premium Features