• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Debating a used pro turbo?

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
My experience is this... (riding 30-40 days a season in Revelstoke/Golden area's)
2011 & 2012 cylinder skirts are thin and once the piston wears and starts slapping they will crack that skirt off and it's all over. 2013 & up have a beefer skirt which I beleive solved that issue. I was usaully changing motor mount bushings once a year, as they wear out faster due to the added torque from a turbo. Easy fix, takes 15 mins to due all four. Installed SLP engine brace and Boost-it engine stop which seem to help extend replacement. Exhaust donuts needed to replaced twice a season too. Seemed to go through a few TPS sensors aswell. Ended up always having to carry a spare and tools to set it. I've always dumped 250ml of oil in each tank of fuel to help lubricate the reeds & crank through the aux. injectors. As mentioned above, good fuel is key ! ran between 6-10lbs boost. Originally ran nitrous on this sled, and sure noticed the weight of the turbo hanging off the exhaust side for the first couple rides. Think I weighted it at 30 lbs.
This was on a 2011 Pro 163 Boost-It w/a kit w/ garrett 2863 - C3 belt drive - stock head with 6600 kms. I've snowcheck a new 163 x 3 and will be riding stock this year. My Turbo days are over, sick of wrenching and fixing my $hit for the last 2 seasons. I personally think I floated Polaris' stock market prices for a week last winter with my parts orders LOL.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The 2011-2012 sleds just seem to be so much more failure prone. Lots of stupid stuff for one reason or another.

Of the 2013+ sleds we have boosted we see much less sled related issues, less electrical, engine and just stupid problems. I would definately push towards a 13-15 sled. Until you start pushing 2k+ miles they are really pretty dang reliable if you are good at keeping up on stuff and fixing stuff before one little things breaks and takes lots with it.

halffast800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Hazel SD
Phatty. That is one awesome sled. How bout trades? I will give you a 2012 pro. Two dragon 800s( one of them is blown up and in parts) and a kx450f

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
half can of dried chew and a certificate for an oil change? but i would expect a dinner out of the deal:face-icon-small-blu

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Phatty id love to buy it, but I just bought a stock 13 pro and decided im going to wait and do a pretty big build on it in the summer... Or an axys who know. But i agreed with what was said above, amazing looking sled, reasonable price also! Trade you a stock 13 pro for it :)

Premium Features