• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 kits

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Any one have time on a 15 kit, please tell us the differences on how they perform? ,,,Turning, deep snow, acceleration, handleing?

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
We had a few 2015 prototypes out last year for tuning and testing. I spent the season on all four during demo's around the west. My personal ride was an SXF450. The "Best all around" build thread, paired up with a 2015 LT.

There are substantial changes in all categories. Handling, "feel", and performance. I would have to say the two that really stand out are the 137SX and the LT. The 137SX feels and performs about what you would expect. Supple suspension, easy to roll from side to side, and performs in the deep pow just slightly below the standard LT.

The real battleship in the fleet is the new 2015LT. It has evolved in feel, handling and performance further than the ST or SX. There are several reasons why. The primary factors are the 5 degree geometry change, making a "true" level line through the bike chassis and kit, and the significantly stiffer kit through out. The handling is amazing. The result is a slightly lower seat height and a much more efficient kit. The LT was a much bigger, heavier feeling kit in the past. Not any more. It has a very similar feel to the ST. The stiffer kit has shown some significant performance advantages. The efficiency has greatly improved due to the bikes HP being applied to the tracks rotation without energy being lost or "absorbed" through kit flexing. That has resulted in an increase in track speed.

For the lucky guys who snowchecked a new 2015 kit, you are in for a real treat ! This will be your best winter ever. You will find yourself riding farther, faster, and harder. The big kicker is you will be doing it easier!

C
Jun 27, 2014
I wanted a LT but for michigan a figured a ST would do everything I want. Guys say they go anywhere the rest do in the big hills, so I got 15, st. Working on my bike now and can't wait to ride it.....

C
Jun 27, 2014
I wanted a LT but for michigan a figured a ST would do everything I want. Guys say they go anywhere the rest do in the big hills, so I got 15, st. Working on my bike now and can't wait to ride it.....

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt

Yes, no regrets! Your ST will work great. You will love it.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
We had a few 2015 prototypes out last year for tuning and testing. I spent the season on all four during demo's around the west. My personal ride was an SXF450. The "Best all around" build thread, paired up with a 2015 LT.

There are substantial changes in all categories. Handling, "feel", and performance. I would have to say the two that really stand out are the 137SX and the LT. The 137SX feels and performs about what you would expect. Supple suspension, easy to roll from side to side, and performs in the deep pow just slightly below the standard LT.

The real battleship in the fleet is the new 2015LT. It has evolved in feel, handling and performance further than the ST or SX. There are several reasons why. The primary factors are the 5 degree geometry change, making a "true" level line through the bike chassis and kit, and the significantly stiffer kit through out. The handling is amazing. The result is a slightly lower seat height and a much more efficient kit. The LT was a much bigger, heavier feeling kit in the past. Not any more. It has a very similar feel to the ST. The stiffer kit has shown some significant performance advantages. The efficiency has greatly improved due to the bikes HP being applied to the tracks rotation without energy being lost or "absorbed" through kit flexing. That has resulted in an increase in track speed.For the lucky guys who snowchecked a new 2015 kit, you are in for a real treat ! This will be your best winter ever. You will find yourself riding farther, faster, and harder. The big kicker is you will be doing it easier!

does the 5 degree change also apply on the ST as well??

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Yes, The rotor is a little smaller but works fine. Ice build up is the issue when you grab some brake and it's not there. If you drag the drake slightly it clears the Ice then works well.

Premium Features