• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best skid plate

F

FC61

Jan 7, 2014
NH
I think that most will say go with the Skinz float plate. I went with a Racewerx skid plate, I have just always been a customer of theirs and like what they have to offer.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
For mountain riding get the stock Polaris one - it has just enough coverage and won't affect sidehilling. For East Coast/Midwest riding the Skinz version has more coverage but acts as wings in deep snow and hinders laying the sled over for carving. Narrow is better for the mountains!

Have FUN!

G MAN

Last edited:

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I just installed the skinz plate, I like the protection it offers. I'm 225 lbs. tipping something over has never been an issue! :)

N
May 23, 2011
i like the poo one as well, it was cheaper :) and if they are anything like the doo ones i have been using in the past, they end up "falling" off eventually

M

maxitout77

Nov 21, 2010
Vermont
The Skinz one does protect more, however it collects a ton of snow and come morning you will find a large chunk of ice jammed in between it and the A-arms. I ran one for year, going back to good old Polaris skid.

Premium Features