• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

144 to a 155?

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I have a 2012 600 144 rmk and am wanting to stretch it to a 155. Has anyone ever done this? Any recommendation's or directions on what all to do? I know I would have to buy a 155 track and rails but...

Thanks

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
U can buy rail extensions instead of new rails. u may or may not need a tunnel extension.

GS6

bkpa

Premium Member
Mar 10, 2012
Hartford, S.D.
May I ask why? I have seen your videos from Iowa and it looks like you have fun as is.

And I agree that rail extensions would be the easiest if you are going to swap back and forth.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
If most of your miles are out west, why do you have an RMK 600 144? You lose 1/3 of your hp in the hills. Get an 800 Pro 155 that can occasionally be ridden in Iowa.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I would sell the sled and start over. There are A LOT of differences between a 600 RMK 144 and a 600 RMK 155 chassis and suspension wise.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
I have a 2012 600 144 rmk and am wanting to stretch it to a 155. Has anyone ever done this? Any recommendation's or directions on what all to do? I know I would have to buy a 155 track and rails but...

Thanks

My buddy did his SBA to a 159 with the Tracks USA kit, and it worked very well. The track was a series 4 2.125, it has rail extensions and a tunnel kit. He had to change gearing to 20/42. After 2 seasons that track never lost a lug!
He just ordered an Axys so the kit is sitting on the floor in his garage....:face-icon-small-sho

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
I have done this exact extension on the same sled. I can honestly tell you it made a huge difference on the sled with longer lugs and more flotation. I went with the tracks usa rail and tunnel extensions. Very impressed with both pieces and were just as strong if not stronger than one piece tunnel and rails due to their design and the way they are stiffened. I actually had to tow off my bumper with the tunnel extension kit on...was completely impressed even though it was just down a trail. You will need to make a few minor gearing and clutching changes for the longer track. Below is what I did which in my opinion was a perfect set up

- 155 x 2.4" Polaris Track
- Avid 2.86" Pitch Extrovert Drivers
- SLP Anti Stab Kit (Need to cut rails for extroverts)
- Tracks USA Rail Extension Kit
- Tracks USA Tunnel Extension kit
- 19 Tooth Top Chain case gear
- SLP BLue/Pink Primary Spring

The 19 tooth gear is what is in the stock 12 155 and the slp spring is higher engagement and higher rpm, which helps for track speed with the bigger track. I will see if I can track done some photos for you.

IMG_3700.jpg IMG_0698.jpg IMG_0760.jpg

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would think about trading you a 14 800 155 RMK, located in South Dakota, save ya the hassle :face-icon-small-hap Pm if you have an interest.

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I have done this exact extension on the same sled. I can honestly tell you it made a huge difference on the sled with longer lugs and more flotation. I went with the tracks usa rail and tunnel extensions. Very impressed with both pieces and were just as strong if not stronger than one piece tunnel and rails due to their design and the way they are stiffened. I actually had to tow off my bumper with the tunnel extension kit on...was completely impressed even though it was just down a trail. You will need to make a few minor gearing and clutching changes for the longer track. Below is what I did which in my opinion was a perfect set up

- 155 x 2.4" Polaris Track
- Avid 2.86" Pitch Extrovert Drivers
- SLP Anti Stab Kit (Need to cut rails for extroverts)
- Tracks USA Rail Extension Kit
- Tracks USA Tunnel Extension kit
- 19 Tooth Top Chain case gear
- SLP BLue/Pink Primary Spring

The 19 tooth gear is what is in the stock 12 155 and the slp spring is higher engagement and higher rpm, which helps for track speed with the bigger track. I will see if I can track done some photos for you.

Thanks for all the Info!!

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Finally got my 2.86 pitch 155'' track and 2.86 pitch drivers. I think stock was 2.56 on my 144 600. Drivers and what not should all line up right? Rail extension kit comes in tomorrow.

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
Finally got my 2.86 pitch 155'' track and 2.86 pitch drivers. I think stock was 2.56 on my 144 600. Drivers and what not should all line up right? Rail extension kit comes in tomorrow.

You have a splinned shaft on that sled, so you need to be very careful when you line up the drivers and ensure the knob marked with the X are on exactly the same spline (I believe they are marked, i cant remember). Before you take the old drivers off ensure you mark the center of your drive shaft from the two existing drivers. From this you can then mark out each driver from the center to ensure you have perfect alignment. When spacing, you want to have the knobs as far to the outside of the windows as possible without actually touching the side of the track. This will create less "slop" of the track from side to side and keep the track aligned nicely.

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Thanks! I just got the drivers line up in there last night to make sure everything would line up. I will have to fiddle around with the alignment stuff

Premium Features