• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flatbed for a Super Duty?

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Okay. I have a 2003 F-250 Crew Cab with a 6'10" box and the truck has a 3" lift. I want to be able to put two Pro RMK's on it in the winter, and a 1000 RZR on it in the summer. Sled decks scare the crap out of me. So I was thinking maybe a flatbed. (There will be times I will want to put the box back on too!) I can build a flat bed made out of iron if I can find a good set of drawings, and I would have it either professionally painted or maybe have it coated by the same outfits that do box liners. What about aluminum? An aluminum deck I would have to buy. I can't weld aluminum. Ideas, thoughts? Anyone know where I can get a good set of drawings? (Blue prints)

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
If I had the same issue, I'd be looking at a trailer of some kind. I ended up getting an 18' flat bed to haul my tractor one year....my old truck is on it now, and it's been more handy than I ever thought it would be(fence posts/supplies, stranded parent x 3, horse tank, moving, farm implements, building materials, to name a few). It's going to haul sleds this winter if plans work out.

Taking a bed on and off is going to be a major pain. The trailer would give you the ability to haul....what ever you like.

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
If I had the same issue, I'd be looking at a trailer of some kind. I ended up getting an 18' flat bed to haul my tractor one year....my old truck is on it now, and it's been more handy than I ever thought it would be(fence posts/supplies, stranded parent x 3, horse tank, moving, farm implements, building materials, to name a few). It's going to haul sleds this winter if plans work out.

Taking a bed on and off is going to be a major pain. The trailer would give you the ability to haul....what ever you like.
Yeah, you make a very good point! The gears are spinning in my head. Thank you!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
For what it's worth...

I have a sled deck. Love it for sleds. It does work for ATVs, but they are heavy and with my 6" lift, they sit REALLY high. Top-heavy load?

I have an open trailer (Trac Pac, dual tilted) for my ATVs. Use it for ATV season. Don't use it for sleds anymore.

My dad has a 24' enclosed trailer for sleds. We use it heavilly during powder season.

And for what it's worth, I want a SilverLake sled bed for both atv and sleds. Have been wishing for two years...haven't changed my mind.

Be sure to click on the flatbed link at the top.
http://sledecks.com/

spark'd

Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2011
surrey bc
Okay. I have a 2003 F-250 Crew Cab with a 6'10" box and the truck has a 3" lift. I want to be able to put two Pro RMK's on it in the winter, and a 1000 RZR on it in the summer. Sled decks scare the crap out of me. So I was thinking maybe a flatbed. (There will be times I will want to put the box back on too!) I can build a flat bed made out of iron if I can find a good set of drawings, and I would have it either professionally painted or maybe have it coated by the same outfits that do box liners. What about aluminum? An aluminum deck I would have to buy. I can't weld aluminum. Ideas, thoughts? Anyone know where I can get a good set of drawings? (Blue prints)

I'd do a channel outside rail with square tube cross members if you where closer I could help you do an Alu one. If you did flip down sides you could make it wide enough for 2sleds then flip sides up and you can haul dirt and gravel not sure where to get plans for these I've always just done my own for that stuff

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO

Yeah, I share your predicament....the problem you run into with a RZR 1000 on a deck is the length. Most of the weight will be at the very back of your deck, and you'll most likely need to tie into the hitch in order to support the load. Plus, that's just a lot of weight up high.....

I ended up going with an enclosed trailer that is big enough to fit my RZR 1K and my 4 seat 900 RZR. Next step might be a cab over camper. My main goal was a toy hauler to have the creature comforts when "roughing it", but nothing made will fit my 2 RZR's (I need 22' of cargo room)...

Premium Features