• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Random Bog (With Video)

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
The goat usually comes to visit when your too rich :spy:
l I just dont know. I Have used the capture button to find the spot where it could be rich and found it seems to bog in the 6500 to 7000 rpm range and have played with the numbers her changing them down a few numbers at the rpm range and also just above it and below the indicated rpm range and also up and on my sled it has very minimal effect. The only thing that seems to help me was the valve springs. Not saying that the bog isn't caused by it being rich but it just doesn't seem to respond to number changes.

Last edited:
A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
How many miles did you have on your drive clutch??? Anything inparticular to look for?

Check the bushing on the cover, rollers, weights, etc. Make sure everything operates smoothly with no binding. Mine was binding up under load and causing issues.

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
One thing to add Corey, I have noticed that once it does the goat thing and you check the capture results the secondary injector numbers show 99 in the max column. When it doesn't do the goat the max would be around 35 maybe 40 for reference sake not exactly sure since im going by memory.

J

jhillam

May 2, 2010
Few things to check...

-pull the fuel pick up assembly and check for proper function of the safety valves. If operating properly, neither of the two will leak fuel when the pick up is drawn out of the tank. Replacement of the entire OEM assembly is not required, just replace the blue half of the pick up valve with whalbro aftermarket. Should snap in.

-check throttle cable adj. I had to go to zero free play on mine.

-check to make sure coils are hooked to correct spark plug.

-check for exhaust leaks or splits along y pipe seams

Good luck.

"If you don't think your turbo sled is broken, just take it apart."

B
Feb 6, 2012
Few things to check...

-pull the fuel pick up assembly and check for proper function of the safety valves. If operating properly, neither of the two will leak fuel when the pick up is drawn out of the tank. Replacement of the entire OEM assembly is not required, just replace the blue half of the pick up valve with whalbro aftermarket. Should snap in.

-check throttle cable adj. I had to go to zero free play on mine.

-check to make sure coils are hooked to correct spark plug.

-check for exhaust leaks or splits along y pipe seams

Good luck.

"If you don't think your turbo sled is broken, just take it apart."

Super frustrating. outside of the fuel pick up i have checked these things multiple times! we will see!

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
Check the bushings in the primary clutch weights. If there even slightly worn. Under heavy load and quick Eng acceleration the tips of the weights will touch the clutch housing and bind. Heres a pic of what to look for. You can see the scrapping Which is the result of worn primary weight bushings. Also look at your torque stop bushing, pull on the motor and make sure the rubber isnt cracked or torn.

DSC_0131.jpg

Last edited:
B
Feb 6, 2012
Check the bushings in the primary clutch weights. If there even slightly worn. Under heavy load and quick Eng acceleration the tips of the weights will touch the clutch housing and bind. Heres a pic of what to look for. You can see the scrapping Which is the result of worn primary weight bushings. Also look at your torque stop bushing, pull on the motor and make sure the rubber isnt cracked or torn.

I'll give this a good once over this summer. We ended up pulling fuel from the end of the off boost numbers. This cleared up the issue As far as I can tell anyway.

xmk1080

Lifetime Membership
Sep 23, 2008
It sure sounds like a lean bog from, any chance that it could be vapor locking the fuel especially since you are running a turbo and playing in the trees, to high under hood temps? Just a thought!

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
are you runnin a AFR ? what was the RED light on the dash ?
my 925 had a similar bog when the secondary stuck

Premium Features