• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Better Option for Backing Up with Scratchers than the Stockers

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I too have a set on my Pro / 163 with an X3 and they work great!!!!!

Running down several different trails, some being packed more then others and the highest temps I've seen so far, has been 129 degrees on a steady run. Most of the time it's in that 125 to 127 for a normal trail at normal speeds.

As far as the reverse feature, this does work very well too. in the parking lot or on the trail, I have not had one issue with using reverse.

These will now be one of those automatic purchases when a new sled arrives!!

Yeah, I have sold more of these than any other brand scratcher and I sell several brands.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
They work better then stock, but I broke two of them in a couple rides.just going down the hard pack to get to the pow. Wish they were stronger.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Yes, their supplier made a change to the bending process that left a weak area. Never had issues before. The manufacturer made a correction. New scratchers were sent to customers and have not seen a problem this year.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Mine have no down pressure anymore.

And then one broke off last week going down the trail.

They've got about 1000 miles on them.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I have had a couple last year get bent by me. I just rolled the sled on its side and pulled the wire spring back towards the front of the machine to put down pressure back on it. Then it was fine. The break was from the the bending processes that was now changed.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Mine have no down pressure anymore.

And then one broke off last week going down the trail.

They've got about 1000 miles on them.
Mine are like that,they don't have any pressure. Pulled them off in favour of the T3 scratcher.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've often laid the sled over and bent them down a long ways...helps for a day.

My scratchers are from spring of 2013. I actually bought mine through Over The Top and he sent me one of his prototypes that was laying around the shop. I pretty much have the EARLIEST version there is.

The one that snapped was right at the major bend halfway down.
I replaced it with the stock scratcher again. I have one of each. I like the OTT reversible scratchers a lot better than the standard ones.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
I've often laid the sled over and bent them down a long ways...helps for a day.

My scratchers are from spring of 2013. I actually bought mine through Over The Top and he sent me one of his prototypes that was laying around the shop. I pretty much have the EARLIEST version there is.

The one that snapped was right at the major bend halfway down.
I replaced it with the stock scratcher again. I have one of each. I like the OTT reversible scratchers a lot better than the standard ones.

Do you guys put the scratchers up when carving in powder? I do. I don't really one them down for this and wonder if that is what leads them to bend up and not have as much down pressure.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Do you guys put the scratchers up when carving in powder? I do. I don't really one them down for this and wonder if that is what leads them to bend up and not have as much down pressure.

I always pull my scratchers up when leaving the trails.

Premium Features