• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's it take to make a 15 handle?

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
Not to thread jack here. But from what ive seen the manual says to only adjust the rts for your body weight, I haven't read anything about adjusting the fts are those two just up in the air for rider preference?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
top 3 things i did to my sled, 1 carls fox float evols, 2 36" alt impact front end (keeps sway bar) 3 shorter bars (im 5'7"). the promotion is decent, and 3" track is coming next year

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
15 WE clickers

Not a big fan of these things at all, and, yes I've adjusted them as much as possible... Only put 450 miles on the sled this year, pretty rough miles, and the rear track shock is already toast, it's just like a pogo stick back there...

Gonna rebuild and respring, so now, who does a better job, Carl's or Holz??

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Crested Butte Backcountry Competition

1st Place Stock -- Rider on '16 Cat

1st Place Mod -- Rider on '14 Cat

All the pros there only 2 had stock shocks and neither placed. I was the only cat in mod and the only non turbo with factory shocks on my 14.
But I don't know how to ride, lol

But I think Adams girlfriends pro was the best running and smoothest sled there, she can prob outride 90% of the guys posting

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
All the pros there only 2 had stock shocks and neither placed. I was the only cat in mod and the only non turbo with factory shocks on my 14.
But I don't know how to ride, lol

But I think Adams girlfriends pro was the best running and smoothest sled there, she can prob outride 90% of the guys posting

Great job, congrats on the wins.

Powderhound

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
Might I suggest that you send your shocks in and we can revalve your stock shocks, and get them set up properly. They ride after we get done with them almost as well as our Fox Shock setup that we sell with our custom valving. As one of the recognized leading Shock and Suspension dealers in the country, we know how to make a sled handle. If you really want to make the sled run, our clutching setup really brings the sled alive. Night and Day difference when you have the suspension setup properly, and when you have your clutching setup properly to maximize your power delivery to the track. Give me a call if you are interested in getting the most out of your sled!

I have owned two sleds with Carl's set up... They know what they are talking about. !!!!

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
What does it cost to have a revalve/service done on a set of WE's vs price of a new setup like Exit's or Raptor's?

I had Fox zero pros serviced on my old M but can't even remember what I paid.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
What does it cost to have a revalve/service done on a set of WE's vs price of a new setup like Exit's or Raptor's?

I had Fox zero pros serviced on my old M but can't even remember what I paid.

I sent all 4 of my WE shocks off my 2012 Assault RMK to Raptor and had them revalved and resprung with his triple rate springs for $500. This was 2yrs ago.

bobgrmkpro

Premium Member
Feb 11, 2008
Bismarck, ND
www.wfadvisors.com
I had K Mod 37" A arms and Raptor shocks all around on my 2015 RMK Pro 155" and loved it. I'm going to try my new AXYS stock for the break in ride and if I like it stock maybe I'll be selling the K Mods but only time and testing will tell the story.

E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
I can't emphasize enough the WE shock oil is a very poor oil. If you service a Stock PRO WE shock with less than 100 miles on them you will find contaminated oil with a substantial amount of wear residue stacked up on the floating piston.

No joke. The oil looks like a milkshake. Gray and black goo comes out after the oil. The IFP looks like a small cup of sludge.

20151020_014352.jpg

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I recently got a 14 pro and want to make sure i do everything right with the shocks preseason. Is there a sticky or thread that has the right info for doing this?

Premium Features